GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thank you for posting this up and also the hard fight that you guys put up with Nissan!! Is there a range of chassis numbers that are effected?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Thank you for posting this up and also the hard fight that you guys put up with Nissan!! Is there a range of chassis numbers that are effected?
From how it looks the first 600 EU,but only LHD cars so far...

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Link has been down all day - Do we live in China!!!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Just to add..

Middlehursts tell me they have heard nothing about this.

Now I dont know whether this means UK cars are not involved, or that Nissan GB hasnt decided what to do yet.

Hopefully we'll actually get a proper answer from official channels sooner rather than later.

CC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice;

Apperently this forum is monitored by Nissan permanently

my post under the section 'technical' suddenly disappeared.
Why???

THe info I have is 100% correct, I wasn't told from our nissan spokesman we cannot talk about it!!

Sorry this was my ultimate GT-R place, but apparently the 'owners' of this community are not so independent ..

I do not mind to get a ban on this forum, mods do not even take the efforts starting a dialog

:thumbsup: for this action
pfff

·
Registered
438 Posts
Read the extract from the French GTR Forum and it is very interesting. Looks like official sanctioned information with no mention of the UK. Happy for the post to go if the information is incorrect - I'm sure the Admin team would PM me though and let me know.

From what I can see it effects non Satnav cars in Europe.

Translation from the French website:

This recall relates to 56 vehicles in France and 350 in Europe. Reason Since the first deliveries, several engines broke in Europe without really d' explanation and to a weak mileage. After research and analyzes by the technicians in Japan, it appeared a problem on l' alloy composing the crankshaft bearings of the engines which take play and end up breaking. Who is concerned? Are concerned with this problem and this recall only the vehicles without GPS delivered between April and June 2009.

The cars will be transported to Amsterdam in a CHP especially dedicated to the changes of the engines. The cars will see all equipped d' an entirely new engine but also of all the peripherals. Radiator d' oil, etc… The complete procedure lasts 10 days, return ticket of the car included/understood.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh well

I would 2nd the request for a list of affected vin numbers :nervous: now on another note , What a car :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Unfortunately, the removal of the link and the lack of any moderator comment re the same does nothing to remove concern about the "independence" of the forum from Nissan.

Doesn't come over too well mods.

D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts