GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with one of these clutches? I am just away to order a load of parts from Nengun and included in the order will be a twin plate clutch. Nengun sell these for over £100 cheaper than a Nismo twin (I have previously been advised how good the Coppermix twins are), is there a great deal of difference? i.e. spares availability, feel, rattle etc. The ORC clutch is rated a good 150+ HP higher than the equivalent Nismo too! :p

Any thoughts? I would hate to go and buy a pile of cr4p for the sake of £120, not that I imagine it would be cr4p but what I am trying to say is, is the Nismo worh the difference ;) .................... as the £120 goes a good way to paying for my fuel pump. :D

Cheers, and a Happy New Year! :clap:
Ian

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
i have heard that they are tough and almost unforgiving, not as bad as
the HKS clutches though. I have the Super Copper Mix Twin and it is
easy to use with loads of grip. If I could change it, I would go for a twin
carbon ATS.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I use a ORC 709D twin plate on my RB25DETT at 400 ish bhp levels. It rattles when you depress the clutch like most multiplate clutches. It doesn't require much pedal pressure to operate but after 30,000 miles or so I'm starting to find that its getting a little more difficult to drive in that it seems to be getting more 'on and off' than it used to be.

Its coming out shortly to go on another engine so I'll find out if the snatchiness is due to wear and tear or another problem.

The clutch is very well made and light. I took a few pictures before I fitted it three years ago :

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies lads ;)

Think I will go for the ORC item, like you say, it looks very well made. Thanks for the pics.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have an ORC 709D and whole heartedly agree with everything Mambastu has said.

Top notch clutch for not alot of money :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's sorted me out too then!

My 32 has been off the road for a bit now whilst I've piled money into my business. £606 delivered for a 700ps twin-plate seems a bargain when compared to Exedy/HKS/ATS :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
i have heard that they are tough and almost unforgiving, not as bad as
the HKS clutches though. I have the Super Copper Mix Twin and it is
easy to use with loads of grip. If I could change it, I would go for a twin
carbon ATS.
Why would you change to a ATS Twin? Reasons please???...

I'm still undecided lol, as you can see ;)

·
Banned
336 Posts
ATS carbon clutches are very good, can take a lot of abuse, lasts longer that conventional clutches. Also the feel and bite is like a std organic clutch. YOu pay the premium though:)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Don't mind paying the premium if its better. You pay for what you get...

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are running this in a R33 GT-R. The ORC's are push type where as the BCNR33's are Pull types. The Nismo and Exedy twins are pull type. Just my 2 cents. I ended up going with the Exedy hyper multi. First choice was ORC too but it was push type.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts