GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put my money where my mouth is and ordered these :D

I had them on my Evo X and loved them so they were the only real consideration for my GTR, I cannot wait for them to arrive :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Apart from the Litchfield Bilsteins, do any other aftermarket coilover mfctrs offer compatibility with the in-car electronic damping control?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
On EVO it was big upgrade compared to OEM dampers, but not on GTR in my opinion. I had Ohlins R&T fitted for 3 months, 7 events on different tracks, different setups, very similar ( but not better ) to OEM dampers. Tried to find best settings with engineer from local dealer, and improve lap time, no chance, even if ex F1 driver tried to help us too.
Finally sold to one of forum member here, and wasn't surprised when he switched to OEM 2012 suspension after 2 months. My subjective opinion : for street use, maybe they are ok, but not for those who seriously think about track days.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On EVO it was big upgrade compared to OEM dampers, but not on GTR in my opinion. I had Ohlins R&T fitted for 3 months, 7 events on different tracks, different setups, very similar ( but not better ) to OEM dampers. Tried to find best settings with engineer from local dealer, and improve lap time, no chance, even if ex F1 driver tried to help us too.
Finally sold to one of forum member here, and wasn't surprised when he switched to OEM 2012 suspension after 2 months. My subjective opinion : for street use, maybe they are ok, but not for those who seriously think about track days.
Did you have the valving adjusted to suit your needs?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did you have the valving adjusted to suit your needs?
Yes, after 2 track days, coliovers were revalved according to our suggestions, also engineer from local dealer was present on track with us.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surprised by the findings, what do you run now?

I am keen to have a play with valving and spring rates on them see what we can do but if they are not upto the task I will try the TTX setup.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Surprised by the findings, what do you run now?

I am keen to have a play with valving and spring rates on them see what we can do but if they are not upto the task I will try the TTX setup.
I had five different coilovers so far, now I have switched for OEM suspension because car is stored for winter :)
Regarding R&T good luck with valving and play with spring rates. I hope you won't be dissapointed. Maybe I'm too much focused on track, and that's why Ohlins didn't meet my expectations.
By the way, some tuner from Japan ( Garage Saurus ??? ) sell Ohlins with custom springs and custom settings. One of our customer in Japan use it, but he is not track oriented guy :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will be interesting to see the results, and see what we can achieve.

Will do some testing next year with a few setups and see what I can do around the ring. I have to beat my current time in a stock M3 of 8:45.

What other bits did you run on the suspension and what did you find gave you best improvements?

I am currently thinking about what I want to fit overall so would be good to get some feedback on some suspension parts, I tend to focus on this area where I can :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Will be interesting to see the results, and see what we can achieve.

Will do some testing next year with a few setups and see what I can do around the ring. I have to beat my current time in a stock M3 of 8:45.

What other bits did you run on the suspension and what did you find gave you best improvements?

I am currently thinking about what I want to fit overall so would be good to get some feedback on some suspension parts, I tend to focus on this area where I can :)
I was very happy with KW Clubsport 3 way. Except of this, I recommend adjustable arms front and rear, I have Dodson Motorsport, but I think any others would be good, which let you adjust alignment more "aggressive"
Obviously anti roll bars, and Whiteline bushes in front arms. This combo with Toyo R888 was the best so far, but I'm sure many people here use others setups, and might have different opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts