GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many owners of R35s have fitted oil catch cans? Could those that have please tell me if the advantages are worthwhile, or are they mainly for the higher tuned engines?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
They can't hurt regardless of engine power but it helps to choose a design that has been carefully thought through.

I imported mine from the states because it was the best design i'd seen.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Adam, what features in particular dictated your choice. Efficiency or ease of fit?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Fyi I bought the T1 kit.

I initially wanted a twin can set up one for on boost one for off boost both of which having the potential to separate the oil and return it to the sump.

I've decided to monitor it for a while instead of returning it. The point of twin cans is that they are plumbed to different vacuum sources and different engine locations each being an entirely different circuit which may operate independent of the other.

The T1 kit doesn't quite do this but I was happy with the completeness of the design and the empirical results they have achieved.

Definitely worth a look plus they look great.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys - two thumbs up for the T1 system then. It certainly does look neat, so very tempted with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts