GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know exactly where to hook up the hoses when adding a "Oil Catch Tank" on a RB25GET / R33 GTS?
ANd which one is "In" and "Out" on the Catch tank itself ?
I found some explanations on how to do it I just wanna be sure of what I'm doing!

Which one do I use for the Oil Catch Tank?

Where is better to place the Oil Catch Tank?

And Do I have to add more oil after adding the Oil catch tank?

·
Registered
197 Posts
if its the same as on a gtr then a and b stay joined together c needs to be blanked off and d goes to the catch tank the other pipe from the catch tank needs to be vented usually out and under the car(mines just in front of the front wheel)or sometimes can be vented out the back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks!
But, I thought that oil circulate in the oil catch thank oil the time!
Because my friend has an S14 Nissan Silvia and he has the same oil catch thank as me and I can see oil in there !

or Am I wrong?

·
Registered
197 Posts
no what your connecting to is the engine breather circuit,no oil should be flowing out these pipes although you do get a build up of oil and crap which is what the catch tank collects which would otherwise be recirculated through the engine and burnt.occasionly the catch tank needs to be emptied.

·
Registered
242 Posts
if its the same as on a gtr then a and b stay joined together c needs to be blanked off and d goes to the catch tank the other pipe from the catch tank needs to be vented usually out and under the car(mines just in front of the front wheel)or sometimes can be vented out the back.
LOL - in front of the front wheel! what if you get oil down there? i'd be moving it!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I see you're running an earthing kit but you didn't earth the ignition amp?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok Thanks!
But, I thought that oil circulate in the oil catch thank oil the time!
Because my friend has an S14 Nissan Silvia and he has the same oil catch thank as me and I can see oil in there !

or Am I wrong?
The idea of the catch tank is to trap oil in the blow by gas stopping it from going into the inlet on boost, laying an oily film in your piping/intercooler reducing it's effectiveness. If the catch tank you have is an open tank, it is not effective as you need to reduce the speed of the blow by to remove the oil out of it (otherwise the air returning to the inlet is still has oil suspended in it). If you stuff a stocking in there and fill it with stainless steel wool it will slow the air enough to allow the oil to seperate.

If you end up with quite a lot of oil in there, it is a sign that your engine is on they way out...should be empty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts