GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly is there a guide here for changing the oil on an R32 GTR?

Second, do you guys generally just dump old stuff out and stick new stuff in? or do you run any of the 'flush' fluids through at all?

Anything else reccomended that I should do other than sticking in a new filter?

Cheers

D.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Having hands the size of a small child would help! Its a little awkward to get the filter on and off and you will see why people buy filter relocation kits, you may have to move a few pipes etc to one side just temporarily tie wrap them to give easy access. be prepared to spill the residual in the filter on the floor and its a waste of time pre filling the filter as you will throw that on the floor too! Personally i wouldn't flush, just do regular oil changes with good quality synthetic oil. Oh and i took the under tray off mine as I had visions of the sump emptying itself into it!!!

Hopes this helps Ed

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
DaleHarrison said:
Firstly is there a guide here for changing the oil on an R32 GTR?
Seriously?

Take sump plug out, take off oil filter, allow to drain. Attach new oil filter, attach sump plug, fill with new oil ~4.5l, check level, job done.

Same as it is on any other car.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pikey said:
Seriously?

Same as it is on any other car.
Well without meaning to sound rude, yes seriously!!

The absolute LAST thing I need to do right now is go at it 'like any other car' and then realise that because I'm not a mechanic, and not entirely full of knowledge of the RB26 and make some cockshite mother of an idiotic mistake (like "DUDE! you didn't realise that the RB26 is slightly dfferent and needs 'A' done before you do 'B'.... Dam thats nackered now!!" that ends up costing me the ability to afford and drive the car - so I thought I would ask first! .....so, now I know - thanks.

EDIT: I also did a little more searching and found Senna's word document guide on here - Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
yep basically same as any other car. rb26 no different. dont forget to lube the rubber seal on the filter with oil and replace a new crush washer before putting on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts