GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the oil and oil filter to do an oil change, but just wanna clarify a few things.

Right in thinking i need to take the under guard off to get to the sump plug etc? Also got the oil filter most ppl seem to suggest via part no A5208-H8904 but on nissan's system it comes up as 15208-71J00 which is a white oil filter to suit a few primeras and serenas etc. Is this right as the one my car is blue (and is nissan) and a little longer?

many thx ppl:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats the one i quoted mate but said the one that come up as is the one i just said?

U had one in the past Ron and if so what colour was it etc and what cars did it quote on the box etc?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rich,

Bl**dy troublemaker I had to go the garage and look at the box :D, it only lists 'Europe' models although I'm sure it did previously list most of the RB engines when I had my R33... I know it the right one mate

RonS

Edit.. what colour oil filter.. Blue and Whine Red car, take your pick :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dunno if this is any help guys, but I used a 300ZX Z32 (VG30DETT) oil filter.

When we'd put the engine in I changed it myself. SE Nissan had the Z32 filters in stock. They looked the same, so why not?

Fuel filter was the same too.

May save you a bit of hassle in future.....;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My one is a europe nissan job but only lists the GA engines? Heres a pic, will have to ring them dill heads in the morning and confirm now! doh!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yeah even MM list the A5208 H8904 as the correct filter for the Skylines.

Blue in colour and the sump plug can be accessed without opening the undertray.

I've got the original part# for the fuel filter aswell somehwre as I replaced it not long ago.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thinking about it sod nissan will get a refund via work? Whats the ADL (Blue print) stuff like as i can get that just down the road.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I would still recommend the original equipment for my own car and others.

It's only around the £5 mark. I mean you can't really go wrong.

Or do it like myself, by buying around 5-7 at a time. Saves you the journey every time

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah your right there is a nissan dealer closer, will go there and get a few. So thea5208-h8904 is blue in colour and a fair size then. nothing is ever simple, well its just ppl make life hard when they can't even give the right part after giving them the part no.!:mad:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rich,

Get yourself a fuel filter will your at it, this defo NPNo. (Nissan Part No.) 16400-53J10 (£11.75)... and oil filter NPNo. A5208-H8904 (£6.11) and don't forget the sump washer NPNo. 11026-01M02 (£1.30)

I'm getting into the this numbers racket now :D

RonS

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers for that Ron, got the fuel filter just been waiting for the oil change to do it whilst i'm in that region.

Just looking at your site mate, u know if Gary still has them brembos up for grabs? Know anyone after a standard gtst i/c as mine is taking up space (as small as its is, lol)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts