GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil change ??????

Does no-one know how much oil it takes for a standard oil change for an R33 (no oil cooler, no sump mods)

Stewart:confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stu Get 2*5 Litters of Oil Which one were you thinking of usesing?

Texco Havilen Is fitted By Nissan, Halfords Sell it at a good price!

Drain oil and Take Filter off and Before Refitting Filter, Fill about 3/4 full of Oil this does take a few minutes (the Reson for doing this is So the system is Primed) And now for the tricky part get it on with out spilling the Oil:D

Then put about 4 Litters in and Start checking the Dip stick and soon as it is on the end of the stick add in 1/4 litter amounts checking as you go!

To answer your Question Aprox 5 Litters This is only an Aprox because it depends on How much Oil you can get out! there always be some left in the Engine which in it's self is no bad thing if you get your oil real hot drive in and drop it get filter off with out burning your self you will get more out!! so you will need to put more in!!

You will need to check the oil level after you have run it and top up!

I have been told that you can over fill about half a litter for track usage to over come Slop with out any problems but not needed for road usage!

I am doing mine before saturday and as this is the second time I have 3/4 of a can form last time so only one new can is needed :D

good luck have you got a new sump washer????

·
Registered
48 Posts
re oil

Doh come on you cant read a manual Stu, ok then its 3.9ltr without filter and 4.3 with filter change.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was looking at work the other day, (Halfords) and for the skyline 1997 onwards Castrol reccomend 4.5ltrs without filter, and mobil 1 says the same aswell.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not sure about the rb25det as it only lists the rb26det as its an UK import? There is some Aus/NZ website that has that info on the rb25det.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts