GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil,

Idle when cold presue: just under 6 then after about 45 seconds drops down to just above 4

Idle when warm: 4 ish

Driving, never gets above 6.1 ish

Not seen it go below 2.8 - 3 ish

I used Motul 300V 20-60 under Abbey's advice. Used roughly 4.5-5 litres, and am just letting the oil cool down and settle to get a final reading of the level via dipstick.

On a lighter note, due to my obviously abnormally small hands getting the filter off took no more than 5 min, and about 10 min to get the new one back on :clap:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I actually had a good look through your thread, but it seems that I don't have the same oil pressure problems you seem to have. My oil pressure 'seems' fine, my main concern was that some people pointed to the fact that the oil may be to thick, but me knowing pretty much nothing about oil and its makeup wasn't sure on the signs. Oil came from a good source, so I doubt that they made a mistake :) I'll just stick with it and keep an eye on things. All certainly seems A-OK at the moment.... (Performance not degraded either)

Cheers

·
Registered
717 Posts
20-60 i would have said is wrong.....but if abbey said then they will know more than me....

But i would either go for a 10-50 or a 10-60

1 - 4 of 4 Posts