GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Greddy oil cooler/filter relocation kit from my old s15. I was going to sell it, but can this be repurposed to be a gearbox oil cooler with filter or would it be better to just get a new one and sell the Greddy?

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you're asking about the manual trans gearbox, I'm pretty sure there's no circulatory system as part of it's normal operation. The gear lube/trans fluid just kinda gets slung around in there by the gears. In order to utilize a cooler, you'd need to fashion a pump to push it through a cooler. Doable? I guess. Worth it in order to use a used heat exchanger? Depends on how badly you want it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a "spirited" drive at the weekend and noticed the gearbox temp got to 75 deg c. Is this high or pretty normal?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yes i fitted the gauge.lol 120 would be a worry as you have heavy shockproof in there.glad
your enjoying it mate.bernie

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey mate :) Yeah, really enjoying it. I just has the Greddy oil cooler in the garage and wondered if I could use it. Looks like I'll just sell it.

How's your project coming along?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Ok mate.just returned from the ring.only fitted new engine tuesday.mot thurs.on ring
friday with 8 miles on the motor.lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts