GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys I am just seeing what oil coolers people have had success with on their high horsepower RB engines around 900hp.
I’m assuming I currently run the original U.K. Nismo setup which is an ancient 12 row cooler. I’m looking for some thing that will support my power level with ease.

What kind of temps you are getting in summer cruising and under load and what have you been advised is safe?

Please share your experiences.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

Hello guys I am seeing what oil coolers people have had success with on their high horsepower RB engines.
Don't know what You class as high HP but I've got a little over 500bhp and have a HKS item fitted....

What kind of temps you are getting in summer cruising and under load.
My R33 sits at a rock solid 80 degrees during normal driving no matter what the Temperature is outside (it easily copes with British Summers!) and I've not seen more than 106 when absolutely thrashing the nuts off the Car.

I don't know about any other manufacturers oil coolers (Nismo etc) but I certainly wouldn't run an RB26 DETT without one.

HTH!:)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know what You class as high HP but I've got a little over 500bhp and have a HKS item fitted....

My R33 sits at a rock solid 80 degrees during normal driving no matter what the Temperature is outside (it easily copes with British Summers!) and I've not seen more than 106 when absolutely thrashing the nuts off the Car.

I don't know about any other manufacturers oil coolers (Nismo etc) but I certainly wouldn't run an RB26 DETT without one.

HTH!:)
Thanks for the response.
I edited my original post thanks to your input. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: K66 SKY
1 - 4 of 4 Posts