GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order an oil cooler kit, but I'm a bit torn when it comes to what brand to go for.

The HKS Type S kit seems nice. Says that it'll shut down if the oil becomes too cool, and that it also acts as a relief valve if there's too high oil pressure (I assume this is good?). It doesn't come with an oil filter relocation kit though, which I also need, so if I go for it I need to get a relocation kit elsewhere.

Looking at the GReddy kit, which comes with a relocation kit, it seems good though. It says "Greddy systems also offer an internal (or external) thermostat to allow for quick engine warm up." which sound like it does the same thing as the HKS cooler (I assume that if it's "shut down" to speed up oil tempurate when the engine is cool, it should also "shut down" if the temp goes too low?

Anyone have any ideas/inputs on this? Other brands?

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Order your bits from here Homepage

Its top quality as the manufacture mocal, also there are the part numbers on here somewhere as myself and a few other people have gone down this route :wavey:

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooook. Yah, looks good, I guess. Now I just need some help putting a complete kit together. =)

I'll send them an email and see if they have any recommendations. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
IIRC the HKS Type R kit is the Type S but with the oil filter relocater included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts