GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys mounting your oil coolers? I guess the ideal place would be the right front bumper right? Only problem is that is where my liscense plate is....is there another location that gets good cooling other than the opposite side of the car?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have mine on the left hand side taking air from the indicator grill - 33gtr.
Not sure why its on that side Nissan Japan fitted it there from new.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd put it in Drivers Side Front Vent Area, just move your plate over to the otherside. You don't have to run as much oil line then.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Many are located down on the bottom lefthand side vent, problem is you end up with very long hoses and there is the issue of emptying the cooler on oil changes. MY TRUST unit hoses where huge, we think there was at least 3litres of oil just in the hoses!

Alternative is to install on bottom right, shorter hoses, however it does not seem to be that popular a location. Many people block this vent off (with such as a number plate) to help the aerodynamics.

If you have no Aircon Rad, that is a good place, or alternatively get one of the ARC long/short height coolers (or similar) and fit in place of the front grill.

You SHOULD NOT fit in front of the intercooler.

You should fit a remote oil filter kit if you haven't got one and if you do mount the cooler down low also add a drain tap by it that you can easily get too when it comes to oil change time.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Engine

Anyone got a pic or two of where they fitted their oil cooler.I now have a nice oil cooler and filter relocation kit to add over winter when my car gets a little more power..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I do locate it on the driver side vent will all the extra hosing and oil disturb the current oil pressure or does it not make a difference?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Canadian,
How well do you think a heat exchanger is going to work if its mounted horizontally out of the air stream. Its designed to have air passed through it to remove the heat?

·
Registered
733 Posts
We fit many in between the power steering cooler and aircon rad, just to the right of the bonnet clamp stabiliser.
Cord you're spot on again. This is the oil cooler fitment for the R32 GTR. They face long side going down.

WORST place I've seen them in where the frill grill goes. Makes the car look awful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts