GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the D1 spec or HEL oil cooler's ?

The D1 is 150 quid and the HEL is around 350 - are they any good ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
HEL use Setrab oil coolers which are supposed to be good.

You could always have a chat with Think Automotive in Isleworth. They sell Mocal etc and all the fitting and may be able to price up a kit.

I have an inline thermostat at Bob's unit (Zealou5) which you can have cheap, but you would need to make sure you buy connections that fit.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You could always have a chat with Think Automotive in Isleworth. They sell Mocal etc and all the fitting and may be able to price up a kit.

I have an inline thermostat at Bob's unit (Zealou5) which you can have cheap, but you would need to make sure you buy connections that fit.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark - I'll have a chat with them

Bit skint after xmas so will have to wait until next month.

Was out driving Sat and raced a couple of bikes ( within UK speed limits of course ) my oil temps got very high :flame:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Would still like to know if anyone's used one on their car ?

Nissan Skyline R32, R33 & R34 GT-R - 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit by HEL Performance | eBay

Seems good value considering the Nismo is almost 1400 quid !
Not sure what the cooler costs alone but £300 seems a lot. The thermo take off plate is £40 odd and if the cooler is £150 (say) then that's seems expensive for hoses and fittings.

Essentially the same thing as far as I can see Subaru Impreza STi WRX Mocal Setrab Hispec Competition 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit | eBay

Unless you are paying for ducting etc you'll still have the mount the thing and then work out the routing for the hoses. I'd be temped to buy the hoses after you know how long a run you'll need.

Or drop it with your favourite garage and ask them to action...

·
Registered
9,736 Posts

Cheers,

Mark
Think Auto can supply the Kit as this is where I got my 16row setup, but when running -12 hoses things can get tight. But the kit works and they provide great customer service.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what the cooler costs alone but £300 seems a lot. The thermo take off plate is £40 odd and if the cooler is £150 (say) then that's seems expensive for hoses and fittings.

Essentially the same thing as far as I can see Subaru Impreza STi WRX Mocal Setrab Hispec Competition 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit | eBay

Unless you are paying for ducting etc you'll still have the mount the thing and then work out the routing for the hoses. I'd be temped to buy the hoses after you know how long a run you'll need.

Or drop it with your favourite garage and ask them to action...

75 qiud GTR tax over the scooby - seems about right :mad:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think Auto can supply the Kit as this is where I got my 16row setup, but when running -12 hoses things can get tight. But the kit works and they provide great customer service.
Ok thanks for the help guys - I'll give them a call when payday comes at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sorry to thread crap slightly....how does the -12 hose kit work with the Mocal oil cooler takeoff plate ? Does it use 1/2" BSP to -12 fittings and is it their normal thermostatic sandwich plate or a -12 inline thermostat ?

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Yeah that's right 1/2 bsp, but it was a mission to get right in the end I had to try several take off plates and fount those that did not interfere when locking the fittings and space is somewhat limited also. Plenum also had to be removed to fit the engine take off plate. I went for -12 as when I do eventually build my engine it should be able to cope with 600+ bhp.

·
Registered
292 Posts
setrab are top notch coolers.

Mocal are so so....just stick their sticker onto the international radiators/oxford radiators stuff. Not a bad product.....but certainly not made by them. You can skip out that middle man and get a few quid off if you can be bothered.

I used to get my parts from flexolite as they were a lovely family run business, and I like supporting the small people. Always gave me a good price rather than have me spend it with think auto or demon tweeks.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
What cost money was the aeroquipe fittings, I cannot complain about the price as they gave me 25% off everything along with helpful service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts