GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some K+N Gold oil filters part number HP1002 left after the sale of my R34 GTR. I used to change my engine oil every 2 months or so, and so kept a small stock.

These have a non return valve fitted and as such are the best one to use for Oil filter relocation kits. Given that the Greddy one costs some £35.00, these are for sale at £15.00 each inc postage in the UK (the amount paid for them including the import tax and duty). They will also fit as standard the Supra J90 TT.

these really are the best available. They can be lockwired to the mounting and have a 1.0" nut on the end to aid removal. The body is also made of very thick gauge metal.

PM me if you want one.

Here is what they say about them:

K&N Oil Filters - Oil Filters for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV's, Boats, and more!

Not available in the UK, I bought them for the Skyline and they are the mutts nuts!

Nik

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They will not fit the standard oil filter housing as they are wider than the standard Nissan oil filter. They are really not much of an advantge to you unless you have say a Grexx re-location kit since you would not need the Non return valve.

You need the NRV in an oil filter with a relocation kit so that the filter stays full of oil on shut down and is effectivly ready and full or oil for the next start up.

As before, £15.00 each posted in the UK or a little more to Germany. PM me if you want the ones I have left. I bought a load since I used to change my oil very regulary - upto 6 times a year and after a track day.

Nik

·
Registered
532 Posts
FYI. The standard fit K&N filter is a -2008.
Thx mate ;)

@NikWilson: You haven´t answered my question though - how many filters you got left and how much for the lot?
Because I won´t pay shipping for each of it if I take the whole lot ;)

EDIT: What part number do your filters have?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The filters are part number HP1002. They are the fit for the Supra twin turbo if used on a standard car.

I contacted Greddy, and they stated that the correct oil filter for the Grexx oil filter reloaction kit was to use one for the Supra Twin Turbo J90 with an non return valve.

This is defo part HP1002

I have used these filters for 2+ years, they fit and work correctly. I cannot comment 100% on part HP 2008? This is for Nissans and Subaru's according to the K+N US site.

Don't forget, the filter is NOT for the car but for the oil filter re-loaction kit since you need the correct fit and size. I am sure Greddy have got this right by stating the use of a Supra fit oil filter - they know better than me!

Nik

·
Registered
532 Posts
...you don´t want to sell, right?
Otherwise you would have said how many filters you´ve got left and what you want for the whole lot...
BTW I just found a German dealer for those things, they charge 15€ for a filter.
So the question left is, is the 2008 the correct filter for a stock engine?
As you said, 1002 is wider than a stock filter, but the 2008 is even wider!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can buy the K+N Gold HP 1002 in Germany for 15 Euro's buy them there? They are then cheaper than I paid for them in the plus import tax from where they are made??????

I have 10 left - yes I bought far too many and now have sold the car, so do not need them any more.

All I can say is that the HP1002 is the correct one for the grexx oil filter re-loaction kit. I cannot comment on the HP 2008 since I have never used one.

Nik

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Pm sent.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts