GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Got my GReddy relocation kit from Nengun, about £65 + shipping. Nice piece of kit, absolute b4stard to fit though, plenum off job and now I cant stop the high idle blues................... oh well, at least the filters a caker to get to now :D

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Plenum off

I thought the filter relocation kit fitments went into where the oil filter location is originally on the car, why would the plenum need to be removed? Im interested as i will be doing this at some point soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The boss that fits in place where the filter normally sits is a complete b*****d to get at unless your fingers are about 8 inches long. That and the fact that it is near on impossible to see anything while working means that knuckles will be skint. Took me nearly two hours and many cups of tea....

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
It is possible without taking the plenum off, although patience is required!!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can probably fit it without removing the plenum (bit of a job in its self though), I thought it would be a lot safer, probably just being a f4nny........:D ........ but I prefer my oil to go round my engine, as opposed being sprayed all over the outside of it :p

Joking apart, I though it better to check all the o-ring seated OK and the pipework was not going to blow off with me when I was doing warp speed round a corner.......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cornhoolio said:
Got my GReddy relocation kit from Nengun, about £65 + shipping. Nice piece of kit, absolute b4stard to fit though, plenum off job and now I cant stop the high idle blues................... oh well, at least the filters a caker to get to now :D
Ouch, plenum off to fit a relocate kit :( . Guess it'll be pretty easy with the engine out then?

Who are these Nengun folk I keep hearing about? Is it a Jap auction site or summat? (link please :p )

J

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
As Virdee stays - you won't need plenum off

it's a tight fit to get the take off plate installed, use a bar between the two threaded nipples to tighten. You also might need to modify a spanner to tigthen the f/m swivels on hoses which attached to the take off plate (i did)

£5 says you graze your knuckles at some point...!!;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Fair play to anyone who can fit the take off plate without removing the plenum:) Ive just refitted mine and the position my take off plate's in under all that plumbing looks a right b*****d:D Had a job to see it WITH the plenum off!!
Good luck:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts