GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Filter relocation kit for the 32 and wondered which is the best way to fit it ....with the filter facing up or down?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I read in the mocal catalog that if the filter is not facing down you should use a filter with anti-drain valve ... don't know how much usefull it can be.
But I will install my relocated filter facing down for sure.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I read in the mocal catalog that if the filter is not facing down you should use a filter with anti-drain valve ... don't know how much usefull it can be.
But I will install my relocated filter facing down for sure.

It is vital to either mount it with the screw on face uppermost, or use an anti drain back valved filter if it's the other way up. personally I use anti drain back filters in all locations. If you don't the filter will drain out and there'll be a wear inducing delay until oil pressure comes up after leaving the car stood some time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent off for one of the Nismo Veruspeed filters which arrived today but the filter thread is different to the relocation thread :bawling:
Is this common?........which filter has a anti drain back valve?
Ive fitted the filter relocation pipes today and there is no way i can fit the filter facing down...it will have to be up!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I believe k&n oil filters have anti drain valve. HP2008 is part number for Z32 which fits R32 no problem.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It is vital to either mount it with the screw on face uppermost, or use an anti drain back valved filter if it's the other way up. personally I use anti drain back filters in all locations. If you don't the filter will drain out and there'll be a wear inducing delay until oil pressure comes up after leaving the car stood some time.
So Chris are you saying if the filter is facing up, (as the Grex kit is designed to fit) its fine, but if you reverse it so the filter is facing downwards, you should use an anti drain back valved filter?
Also if you run it the right way up, (the first option) and you use one of these filters would there be any problems?
cheers
;)
bob

·
Registered
494 Posts
I bought a oilfilter relocation kit with oil cooler and no nissan oil filter will fit . I use a scooby oil filter .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts