GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm after a oil filter relocation kit and after noticing the Greddy ones and the cheaper ones on eBay Im wondering if there's much difference? Or can anyone recommend an alternative?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, I've got into this too, and found a great possible solution, but not the cheapest.

I find the Greddy oil filter relocation kit kind a cheap, regarding not having great hose fittings, I prefer swivel seal hose ends. I guess it would work fine, but I don't have a good feeling about it in a long term condition, but I could be wrong.

I've searched and searched, and you could choose for a custom order at jegs.com or summitracing.com for example. Remember that I haven't bought any of this yet to test it, but this should work out fine.

For example, look for these parts (I prefer a black finish where possible, you however can do whatever you want, as long as the fitting/hose sizes are correct);

(Underneath part numbers/names are from jegs.com, but can be found at summitracing.com too, maybe there are companies closer to you that will stock these or similar parts).

1x Remote Oil Filter Bracket (3/4 in -16) - 969-1028
1x Oil Bypass Adapter (3/4 in -16) -969-1013
4x -10AN to 1/2'' NPT Ano-Tuff Adapter Fitting - 361-AT981610
4x -10AN Ano-Tuff Straight Swivel-Seal Fitting - 361-AT800110
1x Earl's Pro-Lite 350 Hose, Size: -10; Length: 6' - 361-350610 (I prefer to have enough hose, you can of course choose whatever you need for your application. In this case I've chosen black nylon that also suits the swivel seal fittings)

There are much cheaper solutions, also because I've choosen A+ brand hoses and fittings, this is just an alternative :)

Cheers,

Stef

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have the Greddy one fitted. The hose clamps are those fake-earls types, and while not the best clamps for braided hose, mine haven't leaked and I've had the kit on for over a year.
That being said, I have some heavy duty supra/mikalor style clamps here, that I got from an eBay vendor for about 24 quid, that I plan on replacing them with next oil change.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
You can get the bits from almost any supplier of Mocal type stuff. I bought my sandwich plate from Demon Tweeks for convenience. The Greddy ones look nice but I doubt that there's any functional difference between them. Only thing I would suggest is if you're putting a cooler in get a thermostatic pick-up/sandwich plate and some ports for oil temp/pressure might be handy.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I bought one similar to this a while back from driftworks and to be honest the quality wasnt good at all! :rolleyes:
My Trust one however is of great quality, (from Neweraparts) i think they do 2 versions one with Earls style hose clamps and the other is more like the Goodridge fasteners, (which luckily i have). Be very careful with what you buy, buy cheap buy twice!
:thumbsup:
bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts