GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a few threads on this and wondered what the general concensus is. I am thinking of getting one of these, Oil Filter Relocation Kit NISSAN SUBARU GTO EVO Silver : eBay Motors (item 170413883519 end time Jan-29-10 02:03:40 PST), and getting my own lines made up in 1/2 inch as I reckon that cos all the machined holes are that size and going up in size would only mean more oil and uglier and more expense.
Then at a later date I thought of getting one of these, Mocal Hi Flow Sandwich Plate Thermostat BSP Adaptors on eBay (end time 16-Feb-10 12:03:28 GMT), the seller has a few but at different prices and as far as I can see it is only the fittings that are different. Onto that an oil cooler which I want to put down at the offsde front like where my smic is but on the other side, what size to get? One that fits I s'pose, it's for road use. Hoses I would get made up to size. Hose fittings? not sure of either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i fitted one to my gtr. thefilter is located on the sub frame under the r/hand engine mount but i had to use a shorter oil filter so its up out of the way. Halfords filter HOF211 because it has no built in bypass valve. Yeah yeah,i know Halfords, lol.
I'd have liked to mount it on the side of the sump and left the larger filter on but it meant removing the sump to drill,tap and remove swarf. I have a thermostat and a cooler to fit but the cold weather stopped me,lol.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why did you use a no bypass filter? I was going to mount it where the brake stopper would go on the turret or there abouts, and have the filter upside down for cleanliness on changing and just use a normal filter that fits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts