GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to do an intrim oil change tomorrow. I have my fresh oil but no filter.

Im guessing nissan dealerships dont stock filters for r33 gtr's however to anyones knowledge is the correct oil filter for the r33 gtr used in any other car in the nissan range. Im thinking maybe they dip into the parts bin as many manufacturers do and counter fit the same parts to different models.

Failing that anyone aware of a motor factor that stock this part, preferably in Hampshire.

Thanks chaps

·
Registered
442 Posts
My local dealership always has the correct filter in stock. There are loads that will fit but the proper one is slightly bigger in diameter than most of the others. Does that make a difference? I don't know, but I've used lots of different ones on my car and not had any noticable effect.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i have had a faulty nissan filter on my last oil change. I was always told to stick with dealer oil filters to avoid this problem but it still happened. (lucky for me i picked up on the problem and saved my engine from being scrap)

My friend used to work for FRAM and they used to make the oil filters for most manufactories. He said your wasting your money buying one with a dealer name on when the after market ones are normaly the same filter with a different name on.

Since my failed nissan filter i now buy after market ones like FRAM etc. No problems since.

P.s all motor factors stock the filter.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
See if you can pick up an R34GT-R one mate, most of the tuners use them anyway and they're a bit smaller so easier to get into the narrow gap...prepare for much swearing and grazed knuckles ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts