GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 34 gtr was pissing water today, one of the hoses behind the starter motor had a hole in it!! The Pipe was squidgy as ****...soft like...as are a few other pipes?? Then found that the water expansion tank had what looks like oil in it? The radiator cap had oil on it too? What could be the reason guys? Any ideas?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
381 Posts
Almost sure it's a cracked head. Could be headgasket or oil/water heat exchanger too.
Change ALL water hoses while you change the head/headgasket and clean the radiator and engine block water passages carefully so there is no oil left.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...

Thing is, the engine sounds perfect and drove perfect! If it was a cracked head or gasket surely they'd oil seepage everywhere etc

Could this oily sludge be from a previous cracked head/head gasket issue and they never flushed the cooling system properly?

What you reckon?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Cracked head doesn't change the sound or how the engine runs. Oil goes into water because it has more pressure than the water.

You have to pull the head and get it checked.
Thanks guys...

Thing is, the engine sounds perfect and drove perfect! If it was a cracked head or gasket surely they'd oil seepage everywhere etc

Could this oily sludge be from a previous cracked head/head gasket issue and they never flushed the cooling system properly?

What you reckon?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I get that you've just got the car mate (recently from memory) but an issue like this needs proper diagnosis and treatment before you drive the thing ANYWHERE or you could cause way more damage to things.
Don't do the "but it runs fine" thing - we've seen way too many people ignore advice when it comes to critical issues and it's never gone well.
Get the car in to a mechanic / engine builder you trust and get your wallet out - once that's sorted you can think about your 900hp build - unless of course you have money to burn ;)

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
My 33 had this and it was a cracked head.
It needed to be repaired.
Theres a guy up the road from me that can do it if you are able to remove the head yourself?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts