GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have discovered this morning I have an oil leak. I can't see whete its coming from and theres quite alot of it. Is there any main places this comes from or is it a case of pot luck till the leak is found.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I too have an oil leak. I think it's a camshaft oil seal. I am changing them and filling a new cam belt at the same time. Mine is leaking on the turbo side of the block but the oil is everywhere.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Guys most turbo side oil leaks i've seen are the cam cover seal on the passengers side.
Its because the angle of the engine allows the oil to sit here, the rubber gasket goes slightly hard and the seal is lost. Get a torch and just check around the passengers side cam cover where it meet the cylinder head. See if there's oil around and below this point?
HTH
cheers.
:)
bob

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I have removed, clean and re-fitted the cam covers with a smear of sealant. It's really hard to see the cam cover/head join because the exhaust manifold heat shield get in the way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shall try and have a look. I took off the gear gator tonight and there was oil leaking from the internal gator so going to see if theres any oil leaked out tomorrow. Where should the oil gauge sit on the dash, im sure mine used to sit at 4 but now it settles on the white mark inbetween 4 and 0.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yeah that's another common place for oil, (ATF) to leak from.
The ATF over time make the rubber gasket around the base of the gearstick go bro tule and it splits causing a leak. New gaskets are about £20 from
Nissan.
The gauge your talking about is oil pressure buddy to level.
Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should that sit at an even level or fluctuate when driving the car. I dont think ive ever seen it as low as 2 on the gauge. I thought it stayed around 4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts