GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91' R32 RB26DETT: My stock oil pressure gauge has a mind of its own. Sometimes she reads normal but several times thoughout a trip the gauge tanks too almost nothing. Then bounces right back up. If I keep the RPM's around 3k the oil reads about 2bar. I have heard of the R32's having bad oil sending units, but I have also heard of the 98-91's having poor oil pumps. Sometimes when I shut the car off and turn it back on its back to normal. I never had this problem till the weather started getting cold. I'm also thinking of switching from the Royal Purple Synthetic oil back to a heavier oil. I thought if I thicken it up it might help me out. Anyways...has anyone else run across this problem yet?

·
Registered
372 Posts
my car has the same problem sometimes i get 2bar oil pressure when the engine is warm at idle and sometimes it drops to about 0.5 bar at warm idle if i turn the ignition on and off it usually goes back to 2 bar im hoping its the sender unit because i cant afford a rebuild :bawling:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is a common problem with the stock sender units. If you can switch off and back on and the oil pressure recovers, it's more than likely the sender.

Either replace the stock sender or use an aftermarket sender and gauge. The stock senders work quite well when they're not ancient.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
mate mostly all stock 32 gtr oil pressuree gauges are erattic like this it's nothing to do with your oil ...get an after market gauge fitted ..

·
Vendor
12,590 Posts
or you can buy a sensor off me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
defi do a nice pressure gauge and sensor fits into the little air vent on the right sweetly and gives a second opinion on the stock setup as mine has a mind of its own too. The defi reads exactly as shes supposed to which is always gud for peace of mind

·
Registered
52 Posts
Crap, my engine bay is even more stuffed with top mount oil filters and splitfire stuff... replacing this is going to be hell!
More info on the Defi one? which air vent are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
defi do a nice pressure gauge and sensor fits into the little air vent on the right sweetly and gives a second opinion on the stock setup as mine has a mind of its own too. The defi reads exactly as shes supposed to which is always gud for peace of mind
link?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts