GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys....I have the chance of a R33 gtst type "Motorsport"..With a 2.6 GTR engine fitted eta.....Can you guys give me some info on the following please........

What should the oil Pressure read stinking hot on the RB26 motor Please......????????

And i have just read in one of the posts on the porus blocks in the Rb26.....Is this terminal or easy repair....??????

Also what sort of power should i expect from the motor with 4" S/S exhaust and downpipes...Front mounted intercooler,Boost controler...HKS induction kit.....Eta..Please....Kev.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply Stealth.....My question should have read...What should the oil pressure read at engine idle red hot please....Kev.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The manual says 1.5bar @ tickover as far as I remember, but that's at 80 degC oil temp. Another thing, the oil pressure sender is prone to failure, if you're worried that the oil pressure is lower than it should be, change the sender. With a new oil pressure sender my oil pressure is looking pretty healthy.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
When mine is very hot it reads 2 bar @ 1000 rpm but will drop to between 1 and 1.5 at 700 rpm when the engine is close to a stall.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paul cawson said:
When mine is very hot it reads 2 bar @ 1000 rpm but will drop to between 1 and 1.5 at 700 rpm when the engine is close to a stall.
Thats just what i was looking for guys .....Thank You....Kev.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts