GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie says Hello to everyone.

I ve just bought R33 GTS25T and have some questions to ask.

Oil pressure what should I be reading?
Which type of BOV I need?(*A bit loud one please)
Wot iz Power- A/T- Snow button wot izit for?
What are the speaker sizes(standards) so i can get better stuff?
Oil and air filter where can I get`em?(Local Nissan?)
Is the Mobil 1 fully sentetic ok for RB25DET engine?
Shell optimax or what?

I am still a bit sad :( couse I had to sell my batcar but I think I ll enjoy driving my new skyline!!!;)

Thnx for your help!

Koala The Killer

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I think the oil filter may be the same as the GTR's. If so the part number is A5208 H8904.

As for the air filter, you might aswell get an upgraded element, i.e K&N, Mines, HKS, etc.

Shell Optimax is well recommended for its high octane required by Japanese Turbo cars.

Most ppl on this board will say that the original Mobil 1 0W40 is too thin, which I also agree with. You could use Mobil 1 Motorsport 15W50 which I also use. I change the oil and filter every 3000 miles

Otherwise MM recommend 5W40 for the GTR's.

Speaker sizes are 61/2" at the front and I've got the same at the back aswell which were all already in when I bought the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds

I have shed loads of alpine goodies from my last R33 including Sub, speakers, amp, cd shuttle bla bal bla. if you are interested let me know.

Richard

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
oil pressure

As for oil pressure, on cold start up it should be reading about 4 KG per square CM at idle, dropping to about 2 KG when hot (idle)

I've heard that the standard pressure guage is well known for showing false readings...

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts