GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, i need your opinion about those oil pumps, first of all i know that the Tomei oil pump is the best, but do you know anything about Reimax? could be better than Tomei? thanks a lot...

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Isn't Reimax just a kit to upgrade the stock Nissan oilpump? And a bit expensive in my eyes for what you get. Although the Tomei pump isn't cheap at all either!

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
Reimax were original Reinik who made all the Group A Touring Car R32 motors.

They still sell their oil pump which now has their name cast into the main body of the pump. They also still sell uprated gear sets for N1 pumps.

The old HKS pump is also identical to this Group A pump.

All good oil pumps although the HKS ones can crack the back plate (Endless make a billet one). I suspect this occurs with crank flex.

HKS now do a new pump with externally shimmable pressure relief valve like the Tomei pump.

Pick any of the uprated pumps (Tomei, Trust, Jun, HKS, Reimax)and you won't go wrong unless you are really exploring the outer limits of rpm and boost with your RB.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello Iosif. you cannot go wrong with the new upgraded HKS one. As you can see on our project car we are using it also.

·
Registered
771 Posts
here in aust people are having great success with the nitto pump - only 1350aud as well :)

my tuner @ crd has 1 on display which in fact chewed up the cast iron bits of a block, the rconod went through the block which then lead to the cast bits which were crushed by this nitto pump, obviously a billet gear...no damage to the gears whatsoever (might be hard to believe but very true), ive seen the pump with my own eyes

·
Registered
726 Posts
as far as l know the Reimax is nissans high flow pump, but you have to send your standard pump to them for the upgrade. and its not cheap it was around 700GBP when l looked. the Tomei however is not an upgraded unit. one other thing with the tomei, you dont have to remove the sump to adjust output. for that reason l when tomei.
but l have not heard any bad reports on the Reimax. its just easier in the uk to buy tomei

1 - 8 of 8 Posts