GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the n1's been improved recently? As I have heard a lot of horror stories about the early ones.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I'm after a new standard oil pump for my rebuild, please

Hi

We have 5 N1 oil pumps in stock if you need one:thumbsup: give us a call.

Regards Mark

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone clear this up for me, is a n1 now a good usable pump as all you used to read were stories of them failing?

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Read the link I posted.

There is nothing wrong with an N1 pump, just to be safe you can fit the reimax steel gears. Thing that kills them is pool balance on the bottom end, poor harmonic or out of balance crank pulley. Also best to have a long nose crank or get a crank collar fitted.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a standard pump out of a 12ooo mile car... not faulty.... but was just upgraded when my R34 went 2.8....perfect working order when removed by RB motorsport...ill do it for £2o plus post I have the water pump aswell if reqd tel 07774495203

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Yeah me too, worked out the same price, totally legit, these guys are Nissan dealers in the US so they do not sell fake items.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was wrong with the link to the N1 pump I sent you?

SKYLINE N1 OIL PUMP RB25 RB26 JDM NISSAN | eBay

Nothing!
Thank you for the info and help so far, But buying an N1 pump plus the reimax gears is about £400.
I don't see what is wrong with the standard pump if the rev limit is kept to 7500 and you don't spend all day on the limiter.

My engine had done 79,000+ kms/miles on its original pump with a 8200 limit.

I also don't actually know what broke on my pump, the engine was was losing oil pressure until it was running 0 psi.
It's a late r32 so a long nose crank and oil restrictor in the head. On inspection of the pump, the gears are still intact and look in good condition with no signs of wear. Any ideas why it just stopped working?

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
If you go through the trouble of stripping your bottom end, for the sake of spending 180 odd pounds on Reimax gears it is an extra added safety in my view.

Your choice at the end of the day. Just giving you some advice of what I would personally do and what I am doing.

BTW, I have on occasions hammered my car to the limiter at 8300 on std pump and it has held up, but again, why do people put forged internals? same reason. They will work but there might come a point where they will self destruct.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you go through the trouble of stripping your bottom end, for the sake of spending 180 odd pounds on Reimax gears it is an extra added safety in my view.

Your choice at the end of the day. Just giving you some advice of what I would personally do and what I am doing.

BTW, I have on occasions hammered my car to the limiter at 8300 on std pump and it has held up, but again, why do people put forged internals? same reason. They will work but there might come a point where they will self destruct.
I do completely understand what you are saying and all your advise so far has been very appreciated. Is there an advantage to reimax gears in an n1 over a standard pump body? I know the gears are slightly larger diameter but is there any advantage to that? Higher flow?

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I do completely understand what you are saying and all your advise so far has been very appreciated. Is there an advantage to reimax gears in an n1 over a standard pump body? I know the gears are slightly larger diameter but is there any advantage to that? Higher flow?
Compare a strip of chipboard to a strip solid piece of wood. Which is stronger?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True, but if I am upgrading to reimax gears then surely it doesn't matter if it's in a standard or n1 body?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts