GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 500-600Hp motor, do I realy need to get a after market oil pump? I have been quoted $800-1,300 U.S. dallers(OUCH):eek:

GARY? Any body? Help?:(

Thanks,
Robb

P.S. will a 300zx pump work?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
pump

Robb,
I would recomend an aftermarket pump
the HKS or GREDDY ones i have tried and both are good but the Greddy one seems to add more pressure at higher rpm and the prices you have are cheaper than what we get here, whilst you are doing that i would also strongly recommend NISMO crankshaft main and big end bearings also a aftermarket sump baffle or TRUST sump extention kit then theres lots of oil in reserve and your engine will stay reliable
Gary:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both,

I was afraid you would say that.:)

This rebuild is getting very expensive, even with good prices.:(

Now if only I could sell my peice of crap Porsche! That would really make it easier to handle.

Well I do want the rebuild to last(a long long time):D so I better spend the money now.

Thanks again,
Robb

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is really wrong with the standard pump up to 600 hp ?
I have heard from an engine builder that these pumps are reliable to this point ,but any more hp than this,needs upgrade.
Any1 had any problems ?
I would really like to know as I am chasing this type of hp with preferably stock internals.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Guy, you may be right. But I have always been told that with high revs in mind, a better oil pump is needed, especially when we are talking about bigger turbos! There was a debate before on this board about the necessity for this pump when I posted what I wanted to install in my car. Tuners over here refuse to do big turbo jobs on any GTR without the oil pump being replaced with "better" ones. So, at the end, being a sucker for reliability, I opted for the HKS pump. Cost an arm and half a leg!:(
On start up, I notice there is high pressure (about 5 bar). I suppose that's good as it ensures my engine is not starved of oil at start up. On high revs, it goes to 6 bar or thereabout. So far so good though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
GTR-51K

This Trust kit came from Tim at SVS.
Couple pics for ya.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the pics Charlie...
I would love to do a mod like this but the only thing I am concerned about this mod is how far below the crossmember does this sump protrude ?
The reason why I ask is because my car is already lowered & am worried that hitting a solid object on the road may rip the sump off or damage it. Should I be concerned about this or are clearances Ok when installed ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Robb said:
I am building a 500-600Hp motor, do I realy need to get a after market oil pump? I have been quoted $800-1,300 U.S. dallers(OUCH):eek:

GARY? Any body? Help?:(

Thanks,
Robb

P.S. will a 300zx pump work?
Robb, why not get an N1 pump? I think they sell for about $350 US?:cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, Sean at Motorex told me about the N1 pumps. But I had already ordered a JUN one, and I can not return it:(

Thank you for trying to help me out:)

Take care,
Robb

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
GTR-51K said:
Thanks for the pics Charlie...
I would love to do a mod like this but the only thing I am concerned about this mod is how far below the crossmember does this sump protrude ?

>> about 10 cm

The reason why I ask is because my car is already lowered & am worried that hitting a solid object on the road may rip the sump off or damage it. Should I be concerned about this or are clearances Ok when installed ?
Clearances are OK. If the sump hits the road. it won't break. There's only 1 weak point there: the oil plug is attached under a 45 degree angle and therefore it's LOWER than the bottom of the sump. It will hit the street and oil will leak out anywhere between slow and fast. This needs to be altered before the sump is put on the car. Stupid arrangement, really.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nismo oil pump

Hi,

There are two type of Nismo oil pump.
The Nismo's oil pumps are the best because they are tested and proved in actual race field.

1) Gr.A (High flow type)
It was used for Gr.A race.
63.3L/min
STD(@6000rpm): BNR32=42.0L/min, BCNR33/BNR34=46.7L/min

2) Gr.N (Reinforcement type)
It has been used for Super Taikyu(Endurance) race.
Stronger gear is used.
The flow volume is as equal as standard.

Yours,
Shin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts