GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
"Without changing an oil Filter?"

Why change oil without changing oil filter because the dirt in the filter will flow back to engine and its gona be like you didnt change oil at all ,,...

Anyways SteveC is completly correct with 4.5 Liters of oil WITHOUT OIl coolers or Oil sump ,, a standard RB26 will need 4.5liters of oil.. I know cuz I changed the oil in my car quite often..

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
BBD,

The filter is to trap the particles, they will not be able to flow back to the engine, else there'd be no point having a filter.

I think it's quite acceptable to change oil, without changing the filter provided you replace the filter every second change.

With the price of fully synthetic lubes over here, anything to keep the price down is a bonus.

4l in a RB25DET without filter, 4.5l with.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Crap. The whole point of changing oil is to get the crud out of the engine. Most of the crud sits in the filter. You'd be better off changing the oil and not the filter if you're only going to do one of them.

And for gods sake, its 8 quid from nissan. If you struggle to find 8 quid then how can you afford a skyline?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best change the oil filter as well then! The car had a 48k service in June, i've done 2.5k since and I've got track time this sunday. It makes sense to do a change I reckon?

Okay, so what is the PT No for the oil ilter??

Mark.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Slippyr4, Your dead helpful aren't you !!

I use my car as a daily drive, I change the oil every 1500 miles, and the oil + filter every 3000 miles. This works out expensive, as I find I am doing it on a monthly basis.

How often do you change yours ? :p

The Part Number is A5208-H8904 [quoted from another thread somewhere else on the board]

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
dead helpful

:)

Yeah, but i'd have had to do a search to find it too. I said the info was available, and surely the "training" in using the excellent search facility is more useful than just being told?

I change my oil and filter every 25 miles! ;-) beat that!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
LOL,

I could beat that, but I'd need to spend more than £30,000 on oil per year with the miles I do ;)

H

·
0 Posts
6 liters?

I have an r33 gtr in japan, and my japanese engineer friend always tells me that I should use 6 liters of oil for the engine. The reason being has something to do with the oil tank. While accelerating rapidly, there is a chance of losing oil pressure becuase the 4.5liters isn't enough to safely cycle through the engine at high accerlation. He said he has seen a few gt-r's blow their engines because of this. I took his advice and now I always use 6 liters of oil every oil change. Has anyone ever heard of this method?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
6 liters is that with an oil cooler? Sounds quite a lot to me. I always do around 5 L and that is with an HKS il cooler. If you are worried about oil not being picked up in the sump fit a Nismo or Tomei baffle plate....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
hud

6liters of OIL damn ,, what have you done to your car that is a lot for an RB26 if its stock man ,,

Look the best way tp do oil is ,,, open the oil screw fill her up until you see the oil come out then close the screw start the engine, a little bit then check the dip stick if it is less then open screw again and fill her up until you see the oil comming out then close the screw start the car and you are ready....

The Oil screw (i dont know the proper name) tells you where the oil line is anything more is not good the reason why you start the car is to let the oil circulate around the engine then top it up again.

(damn I am due for Diffrential, and Tranny oil) ,, about having 8 quids and cant afford an oil filter hey man I once lived with 2 dollars for 2 weeks and I own a Skyline lol )

·
Registered
212 Posts
Look the best way tp do oil is ,,, open the oil screw fill her up until you see the oil come out then close the screw start the engine, a little bit then check the dip stick if it is less then open screw again and fill her up until you see the oil comming out then close the screw start the car and you are ready....
At this point I am trying to figure out whether you are serious or not...

Funny thing is, I think you are.:D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Emre I am seriouse man there is a Screw (BOLT) or whatever you call it that tells you where the oil line is and if it flows over that and oil comes out it is time to stop pouring the oil and close the screw.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts