GTR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a track day today at Croft. Great fun but i cut it short at the end of my second of three sessions. The reason was that at the end of the secvond session I had oil dispersed all over the engine bay and dripping out of the bottom, especially over the offside fron wheel. I didn't actually lose very much oil - it looked worse than it was but it was still dripping steadily an hour after pulling in. I drove the car back home, nice and easy, and all of the temperatures were absolutely fine (oil 78-81, water 80-82). When i got home and switched the engine off i heard some bubbling when i checked the engine bay. I switched the ignition on to get the MFD readings and the water had surged up to over 100. I idled the car so that the fan came on and within 2-3 minutes the water was cool again and did not go up in temperature when i switched the engine off. I suspect now that the oil problem is something to do with not having a catcher tank, but i'm not sure how the water problem is related (if at all, but i'd be amazed if it was unrelated). Has anyone had similar experience?
Thanks
Sammy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts