GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with oil surge in GTR's? , I have heard about it but the info I can get is pretty limited . At a recent track day I destroyed my Steel shaft turbos that were less than 1500km old . the turbo shop says that it happened because of lack of oil , I did drill out the oil restrictor in the supply line to the turbos so that should eliminate the problem I would have thought. if it has done any crank or bigend bearings it may have been a very expensive track day . I had just sold the turbos and making way for a single one but have had to pay for he repairs to the turbos because the shop wouldnt warranty them .
Brenhan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A guy I know from another forum had his bearings badly damaged due to oil surge on the track. The engine needs rebuilding too. I am not taking chances and while my car is being upgraded to 550-600 hp now, I had installed HKS high pressure oil pump and also NISMO baffling system to counter the surge.
The surge is caused when you are hard cornering causing the oil to go to one side depriving oil to the bearings or turbo etc. The baffling system will avoid that from happening. Some people drill larger hole for to make the oil return faster. You are lucky the bearins etc are ok.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bailey motorsport and Dragon are working together to improve matters by combining a breather and oil-pump. I've been using one for a while, and it's OK. V2 should be out soon, to limit the amount of oil released through the oil-breather air vent filter. I shall be testing it at the 'Ring.

Have a work with Alan Zini at Dragon if you're interested on 01206 865 444

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does anyone know how much work is involved in installing one of these? Would it be worth doing at the same time as the cams?

Cheers,

DC

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Dc

Looks like Mine's are not keen for anyone to 'copy' their triple flow cam cover baffle plate!

Quote: This baffle plate is only available for installation at our garage

Charlie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts