GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi quick question what temp is the middle line on the stock r32 oil temp gauge ?

Only reason I ask is I'm currently running my engine in using 10w40 mineral oil and it's just done over 500 miles but I had to use the motorway and with me having no oil cooler yet the temp was touching the middle line on the oe gauge... What temp does this oil start to break down as I'm sure I can hear something from underneath but I'm not sure if its the exhaust or not as its bloody loud
I'm probably being paranoid but I'm reluctant to push it after what happened last time

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gauge goes up 20 deg C per graduation, so the centre mark is 110 deg C.
Most manufacturers design gauges to be at their centre position when vehicle is at normal operating temps.
Mine usually sits on 90 when highway driving here in Aus. (stock car, no extra oil cooler)
Once working harder it goes to 110.
Oil temp is normally at least 5 deg C higher than coolant temp, but as you're still running in, steady speed motorway cruising wouldn't be the best.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't keep at a constant speed I kept varying the load but I'm only running 10w40 mineral oil which is like piss water thin so am bothered about it breaking down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.