GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can Plumb in an Oil Temp Guage to the RB series engine? The cars not got one as standard but I reckon there must be somewhere that it can go......

Any thought anyone???

Ta V Much

SI

·
Registered
840 Posts
For the 200 the only way to do this is to buy a Greddy Filter extension, which has 1 port for oil temp and 1 for oil pressure, they also do a sump plug with a port aswell (only around £15 to £25), I pressume they (or some1 similar) should do something for the RB.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already got the pressure as standard.....mmmmmmm

Thanks I will have a look...

Si:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still dont know much more Rich, but at least great minds think alike!!!;) :D

Si

·
Registered
805 Posts
A thought

Draxx,

I tee'd into the block, where the Nissan sender is, to left and below the oil filter, to put in a analogue oil gauge. I put the Nissan sender back on the other side of the tee but see no reason why that could not be, with the right pocket, a temp probe... picture of the tee HERE

I have a suitable tap, to rent :), for the block to suit the easily available 1/8" BSP tee's and fittings, full story of oil gauge fitting HERE

RonS

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
RonS - I don't know the layout of all things Skyline so I could not make out the exact layout from your pictures.

Forgive me if you've got all of this in hand but remember that to measure oil temperature, you need to have the probe in flowing oil, not in a static pocket of it? Static is fine for measuring pressure but temperature readings would lag behind actual temperatures and may not be particularly accurace if there is no flow through.

Again, forgive me if you've got this all in hand but I wasn't sure exactly how you intended to do it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Doh !!

Kingsley,

Good point indeed, the oil pressure point shown is a 'dead end' and as you say to get a reliable temp reading it may need to be in the flow, as I had only done this mod on mine for an oil pressure gauge I did not consider that, so I think Si better scrap that idea, back to the drawing board I think

Cheers Kingsley

RonS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts