GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil temperature do some of you guys out there run @.

I'm really talking about normal road driving and NOT track.

Also what oil do you use.

Many thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Silkolenne 15w 50 semi synthetic, no idea about the temp, BUT I will be able to tell you next week I hope!!!

Seems to run dead well on this oil though

Si:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Motul Fully Synth

as used by GT art. Temps varied between 80 degrees and 100 when having loads of fun, so had an oil cooler fitted. Now sits at between 80 and 85 [as it should] & an extra litre of liquid gold in the system

Rgds Ian W.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why I ask this, is because I ran Esso Ultron 5W 40 before this. That was running between 80-100 at the max.

Now put in Mobil 1 15W50 and its around the 95-100 mark in normal driving conditions. Haven't even thrahseed it yet!!!

So this is why I as these 2 questions.

Any more advances??? Cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
EEK!!!

Sounds way to high on oil temp IMHO! Motul 300V is 15/50 ester based, If you are worried about oil temps, and you consider that a 944 Porsche Turbo [2.5 litre single turbo therefore similar spec] has 3 litres more oil capacity than a Skyline GTR & is a lighter car, then put an oil cooler on your must do list. Mine, BTW does not interfer with the air flow to the standard i/c. It is has been said many times on this forum - the best way to look after your engine is oil, oil & OIL. if you use the search facility there was a thread some time ago called Liquid Gold - worth a look.

Rgds Ian W

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
On the road, rarely above about 90 but on track anything up to 140 and that's with an HKS oil cooler using Mobil 1 Motorsport. At Silverstone the other week, ambient was 30 ish and after only 3 or 4 laps of the GP circuit, oil temp was up to 140 so had to ease off. Water temp peaked at 113!

Will be trying a different oil before Rockingham next month....

·
Registered
498 Posts
With a cooler fitted the highest I have had it was 80,That was 1 1/2hours on the motorway,outside temp of about 30C.
Don`t know what oil is used,whatever Abbey put in at the last service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts