GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine is gonna do a full oil change (gearbox, diff, engine yada yada yada).
I was just wondering what I should use (Silkolin, Valvoline - I ain't got a clue) for each and what quantities.

Please help... i'd do the same for you:p

Luke

S

·
0 Posts
Whenever this topic comes up on 300zx.co.uk the answers are varied - but I for one use Redline F/S in the engine of my TT300 and Redline MT-90 in the gearbox for smoother changes..

They do some great stuff here

http://www.redlineoil.co.uk

[email protected]

phone (0)1476 861195
fax (0)1476 860517

Delta Oil Ltd. 43 Main Street, Sewstern, Grantham,
LINCOLNSHIRE NG33 5RF UK

CheerZ,

Glen

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Oils

Hello Luke.

IMHO the only oils to use are esther based ones .ie.Redline or Motul .I have never personally used Redline and hence can't comment .Does anybody on the board use it ?

I personally now use only Motul which I find to be fantastic .It made the engine slightly smoother and also increased the oil pressure . I have also put Ceracote (it coats moving parts with a ceramic compound)in the engine which once again seemed to have made the engine slightly smoother .
I'll PM you with supplier details.

Hope this helps Luke 'I'd do the same for you ':D :cool:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
oil

yes glen, it is still red and smells beautiful as well which is a bonus:smokin:

As paul says, it seems to keep good consistency as I have tried a few different types, valvolene, halfords - yes Halfords FS, castrol etc and have never had such a good consistent pressure since dropping the nice smelling stuff in.

Not too sure it will smell as good on the way out though once its been used hard.

Take it you got agip in yours glen, what pressure do you have ticking over and under way?

Dirk:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Pressure

3/4 when I start it and half way normally, I think ???

Anyway whats the point of using decent oil if we use cone filters :rolleyes: . Couldn't resist that one.

glen

·
Registered
248 Posts
Redline is excellent Oil. I have experimented with many oils, and eventually was steered towards Redline after speaking to a Biochemist that makes the stuff. Along with Motul Redline use the best base stocks and Diesthers.

I will never use a differnt oil again after trying many others redline will always be my choice, I use 10w 40 and the heavy duty shockproof gear oil in my box which cured the problems that Silkolene couldn't.

SJD

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
agip

Is it the agip then?

Next time you go out and about, would be interested to know what your pressures are once the engine is warm to see how it compares to the Motul stuff, take it off the MFD though.

Dirk:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts