GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a while ago i saw a thread or website that had info about the different oil pumps and capacity of them.....

Anybody remember the site/ thread??

Thanks....

Asim... :)

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Here they are as far as I know....

Figures are
ml / rev, litres/min at 800rpm, 2000rpm and 6000rpm

Std 9.87, 4.4,15.2, 46.7
Trust 15, 5.5,19.7,59.0
Reinik 15,??,19.7,??
HKS 13.1,??,17.3,??
Jun ??,5.5,19.5,58.9
N1 10.9,??,??,??

Std pump
1kg/cm2 at 800rpm
3kg/cm2 at 2000rpm
4kg/cm2 at 6000rpm
77mm diameter rotor 12 lobes
Relief pressure 4.6 kg/cm2

Reinik Group A pump relief 7.2 kg/cm2 9 lobes

N1 pump 81mm dia, 11 lobes

Following nicked from a thread on SAU

N1 vs std oil pump R32 GTR...the facts!!!

got my N-1 oil pump yesterday and took it apart to compare to my std R32 GTR oil pump...(2 screws worked loose as they do )
here are the differences for interest sake:

1: the relief spring
std pump has a twin spring system N-1 has a single...both measured identical spring rates at 3 different heights starting from the installed height.
Interestingly the N-1 relief plunger has a small oil hole drilling about 8mm down from the top edge, level with the relief oil passage in the pump housing. This would have a dampening effect on the way the relief valve works as the spring cavity would have a head of oil in it that would have to squeeze out the small oil drilling first.
Plunger size was the same and relief valve cavity was the same.

2: the oil pump gears are where the biggest difference lies.
The N-1 inner gear has 1 less lobe (11) vs the std which has 12...this allows the internal volume of the pump gears to increase using a redesigned shape on the outer gear/inner gear meeting surfaces. We didn't CC the difference as the N-1 was obviously much larger than the Std R32 gear.

3: The gear hardness and material...
a hardness test was performed using a proper hardness tester in the machine shop. The std gears were a 0.56 and the N-1 scored a 0.96 a marked difference!

Also the gears were made out of the same material!! Sintered steel.

The major reason , I believe , that the N-1 gears have been hardened is that in order to increase the pumping volume the outer gear wall thickness has been dramatically reduced thus hardening is required to keep the strength up.

4:Internal channels are all larger in the pump housing and redesigned to increase flow

5: the pump backing plate has a redesigned screw fixing arrangment with an extra screw on the N-1 ( 8 screws vs 7 in the std ) Also the backing plate is 0.5mm thicker ( 6.5mm on the N-1 vs 6mm on the std )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts