1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but it certainly is purple! :D

Amazing finish around some very complicated shapes:

Many thanks to Creative FX of Bromley!

Loads of articles and better pics to follow in Evo and Auto-Journals.com.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:D Blimey you've created an uber purple R35! That is going to create ALOT of attention, god knows how they get the wrap to fit like that but its very impressive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
The words of that famous song "The Purple People Eater" come to mind (Okay it was recorder in 1958 by Sheb Wooley, so I don't expect many to have heard it). You NEED it on your iPod, David:...

Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)

etc etc...

PERSONALLY, I THINK IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks good, any pictures of the door opening? And how much might they charge us mere mortals for such a thing? If you can only afford to eat at F&Bs we're all in trouble! :D

And could they match Bayside?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a vinyl wrap so you're limited to what the manufacturers already produce.

Very nice 10 year guaranteed vinyl with a clear laminate. It will certainly protect the paintwork underneath! I wish I had done it when the car was brand new (so many stone chips already).

Will take more and better photos when the weather clears up.

Very neat job and companies like Creative FX are promoting it as a cheaper alternative to a respray.

Haven't got the final bill yet, but I believe it will be between £1500 and £2k because of the double layer thing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Did you not wan't the bottom skirts doing David? I think it would look even better. I think this is why I also opted for DMG so the car looked more co-ordinated.

I defiantely fancy having a wrap done in either blue (a bit darker than bayside) or yellow (like the Renaultsport ID paint) but maybe when the car is 2 or 3 so it feels like having a new car again. Oh and an AP :D

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
well it certainly does not look like mine anymore....

the wife said she has a handbag to match that :D

I think a darker shade would have been a little better, I'm sure it looks different in the flesh

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
David,i have to say it looks

different :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
hmm, i don't like purple at all, but somehow this looks cool. I think to change my color too, but if so, i'll paint it not wrap. the blue one in US looks very cool, maybe a little darker or real midnight purple or so

1 - 20 of 91 Posts