GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in the title;

I was going to a track weekend here in Norway, and after 5 laps, this happened:

I was pretty mind blown by this :confused: and could not understand what was going on, untill I got the car up, and found out that the exhaust clamp had come off, and the exhaust parted, resulting in free flow off hot exhaust straight to the backside of the bumper :(

Sooooo.....anybody here know of a good place to get a replacement or "upgrade"? Plenty of front bumpers around...but not to many rear :confused:

·
Registered
907 Posts
bloody hell at first i thought someone hit you from behind amazing how much damaged caused from the exhaust popping off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seen that one, already e-mailed the seller. But they all say they only ship in UK.......:confused:

I also checked with Anna, she might have a lead on one, but still need the rear light as well. Talked to Matty32, he might be able to come up with something :)

border1 : That's impressive, you're lucky it only melted and didn't set alight!
It was pretty damn close! It had already started to melt the plastic cover INSIDE the boot, and the "sound proofing" on the back side off that had melted and was brown......I recond a lap or two more and it would been alight :nervous:

·
Registered
591 Posts
It was pretty damn close! It had already started to melt the plastic cover INSIDE the boot, and the "sound proofing" on the back side off that had melted and was brown......I recond a lap or two more and it would been alight :nervous:
Scary stuff! you always assume you'd be able to tell from the noise, heat, smell etc. that something was up but this shows just how far things can go unseen!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
That doesn't look like a standard exhaust?

I wouldnt be very happy with the people who fitted it!!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I seen that one, already e-mailed the seller. But they all say they only ship in UK.......:confused:

I also checked with Anna, she might have a lead on one, but still need the rear light as well. Talked to Matty32, he might be able to come up with something :)

mammoth parcels will do it no bother :)

I have done it myself before and arranged my own collection from sellers address.

its crazy the mess its made just by that pipe coming off :eek: good luck sorting it mate

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Dude if there is one that says will only post to the UK get a delivery estimate to ship from the uk to you and you can have it collected from my house chap.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Dude if there is one that says will only post to the UK get a delivery estimate to ship from the uk to you and you can have it collected from my house chap.
Awesome offer!! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That doesn't look like a standard exhaust?

I wouldnt be very happy with the people who fitted it!!!
No.....it is a GTC Titanium, the older one. I bought it used, so I fitted it with the help from a mechanic at his workshop, so cant realy blame anybody but myselfe :p

But I did notice now, when I tried to sort it out for driving home from the racetrack that there was a bit to much tension between the middle pipe and the back section, almost like it was a bit to short. I might be looking at fitting the stock one for now, or going for a new complete system.

It was my first track session with the car, so was pretty tied up with the driving, so did not notice the diffrent sound level, or any smell.....but my friend who was watching from the pit had actually seen that something was wrong and notified the track people, so they where instructed to give me the black flag on the next passing anyway, but it was pretty close!! :O

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Litchfield tried to fit the one from Vernon Kay's car onto mine and said the pipe was to short and wouldn't fit. The trays were dropped exhaust all roughly fitted and he showed me the issues and basically point blank refused to fit and have me use it on my car and I opted in the end for another exhaust.

Wondering now if that was a blessing in disguise!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Litchfield tried to fit the one from Vernon Kay's car onto mine and said the pipe was to short and wouldn't fit. The trays were dropped exhaust all roughly fitted and he showed me the issues and basically point blank refused to fit and have me use it on my car and I opted in the end for another exhaust.

Wondering now if that was a blessing in disguise!
Oh, sounds like a blessing then. I remember I was not to satified with the fitting the day we put it on my car, but I also remembering thinking it was because it was second hand..... mabye I should had looked into it better back then....if only I had a crystal ball, lol :p

But it dosent sound to good if there have been similar cases....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts