GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've read in an old thread on here that the R33 GTR's oil filter is the same as the Almera GT-i.

I looked in halfords last night, but the filter listed for the Almera was totally different... about half the volume.

Can anyone confirm what filter I need? A nissan part number would be useful, failing that, exactly which Almera is it that has the filter I need?

Thanks

Jon

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Oil Filter.

I can't remember the part No. but it is the same as the Almera GT-i, from the previous threads, SIMON ordered one from his local nissan dealer at a cost of £4.50. Why not try and PM him.

Matt.

D

·
0 Posts
if it's anything like the 32, be prepared for an absolute pig pig pig of a job.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps, just finished the job.

I went into the local nissan dealership, not particularly hopefully (last time when i went in there, i asked if they serviced skylines: was told "No sir, we only service nissans").

In the parts department, I managed to speak to a non-muppet. Didn't know they had any. Turns out they have the full set of Microfiche for the R33, and were able to help me out with the correct filter and sump plug washer.

While i was there I ordered my missing trim panel clips from the carpet in the boot; dead chuffed with that.

Anyway, changing the oil was pretty easy in fact. Took no more than 30 minutes and I didn't even cut myself (I always cut myself when working on cars).

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yep same part# on m car too.

The oil filter is a bit of a b1tch.

Funny how your boot carpet clips were also missing???!!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dave W

What is the filter used then on the remote system?
Abbey fitted the system and I think the filter is a FRAM one?
Quite a large jobbie and any part numbers would help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
You should be able to use the Genuine filter on the remote. Seen lots of ppl with that

As for my clips; they were missing when someone fitted the CD changer in the boot.

Don't think he knew how the clips worked, so thus broke them!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts