GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought my first GT-R back in 2009 and had very happy motoring for almost 4 years and finally sold her at 78,000 miles!! yup 78k! it was running a y pipe and Cobb for almost 70,000 of those miles and i sold for £28,000 almost the second i put it on the internet. so having paid 54k new i think losing only 26k in nearly 4 years is pretty bloody good in my books. i have been thinking of what to replace it with for a couple of months now and i just keep coming back to the same thing... Another one! so i finally bit the bullet and bought a Blue 2013 550hp Recaro one! YAY! My question is i know things have move on significantly since i bought my first one but this time i don't have the luxury of Indie at Slough HPC to get me through the bell housing issues with the Cobb on, i don't want to mess with it apart from a Y pipe. is there a "best one" to have right now? i won't be using it on the track but i will be doing loads of miles in it and i hated the drone with the last Milltech one although i do want noise! :p

Any ideas?

Regards.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow 78K miles! Thats some pretty impressive usage. I wouldn't like to see how much you've spent on vpower :p

Linky for Russ...Russ Fellows Fabrications - Motorsport & Road Bespoke Exhaust System & Manifold Fabrication

His exhausts do look very well made and are reasonably priced. Lots of love for him here on the forum too. Personally i prefer my MeisterR exhaust because it's LOUD!!! but probably not your cup of tea.

HTH
Hi! i don't even want to think about the fuel!:puke: Thanks for the info, ill give him a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back Smikee

We are all sad to see Indie go. :(

That HPC was less than a mile from where I live :)

Enjoy the ride!!

v
Thanks Verinder, i still speak with Indie, he is really happy with his new job but i do miss him, it was a real pleasure collecting my car and having a laugh knowing everything was sorted.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Nice to hear you've used the car properly Smikee, same as me, I use it every day, and good to hear it sold so quickly even with that mileage, I can never decide whether to upgrade to a nearly new one every year or just keep this one, but I guess the sensible option is to keep it for 3 or 4 years by which time it'll have around 75/80k on the clock. Do you know what boost yours was running at with the Cobb? 16psi?

What about a resonated Milltek for less drone? :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
In respect of Russ - stick his name in Google and you'll find his site. Quality bloke and make a very nice exhaust - hardly any drone on mine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats Smikee, what are the noticeable differences subjectively between the older one and your MY13?
Hi Dumdum, well so far the noticeable differences are... This one is rubbish compared with the first one. I covered almost 78k in the 59 plate car and only bell housing issues which were sorted under warrantee 3 times. I am now at 8,000 miles in this one and so far I have brakes that squeak so badly I use the gears to slow me Down at low speeds to save the embarrassment of the unbelievable noise, a bell housing rattle that is apparently within tolerance but still noisy as hell and what appears to be a wheel bearing drone at 32mph oh and I forgot to mention the paddles look like they have been painted and then lacquered by a four year old!

The blue is nice though!! :(

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Hi Dumdum, well so far the noticeable differences are... This one is rubbish compared with the first one. I covered almost 78k in the 59 plate car and only bell housing issues which were sorted under warrantee 3 times. I am now at 8,000 miles in this one and so far I have brakes that squeak so badly I use the gears to slow me Down at low speeds to save the embarrassment of the unbelievable noise, a bell housing rattle that is apparently within tolerance but still noisy as hell and what appears to be a wheel bearing drone at 32mph oh and I forgot to mention the paddles look like they have been painted and then lacquered by a four year old!

My paddles are the same...! I might change them for carbon fibre,
Must have been a bad batch...

Dan...

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Nice to see another GT-R that's been well used and done some miles.

I considered ditching my daily driver and using the GT-R but was concerned it'd lose that special feel doing 400 miles per week in it.

I expected to spend around £8,000 per year on V Power for 20k miles.
Which considering you'd have to factor in running another car which is also depreciating it's not quite as bad as it sounds.
Not sure I want to visit a petrol station that often though!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice to see another GT-R that's been well used and done some miles.

I considered ditching my daily driver and using the GT-R but was concerned it'd lose that special feel doing 400 miles per week in it.

I expected to spend around £8,000 per year on V Power for 20k miles.
Which considering you'd have to factor in running another car which is also depreciating it's not quite as bad as it sounds.
Not sure I want to visit a petrol station that often though!
Hey CT17, i completely understand what your saying and i am lucky enough to have other vehicles to use daily but i choose to use my GT-R as i am paying for it if it sits on the drive or i am in it! i have covered almost 90,000 miles in both of mine now and i can honestly say that i still love driving it, well when its not squeaking, droning or rattling but i am sure ill get that sorted one way or another. i am in the petrol station generally every other day and sometimes on a heavy day twice the same day :bawling: lol but i do enjoy driving it.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts

Get some hard use on the brakes and that sound deal with the sqeak.

As for the bell housing I had 2 under warranty and tbh nissan so fix is a waste of time your better off going to one of the tuners for one of there bell housings.

Russ fellows get my vote aswell. Love my exhaust!! Top bloke aswll

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get some hard use on the brakes and that sound deal with the sqeak.

As for the bell housing I had 2 under warranty and tbh nissan so fix is a waste of time your better off going to one of the tuners for one of there bell housings.

Russ fellows get my vote aswell. Love my exhaust!! Top bloke aswll
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts