GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted a white one on the A340 yesterday evening, your car looked great.

I was the "loony" waving madly at you without response. I know you must have seen me, I followed you, I passed you, I slowed down, you passed me.

I almost feel like you were deliberately ignoring me! :(

I know we have our own section on this forum but do the "old skool" guys not respect the new GTR? Personally I am thrilled to be part of the heritage of this amazing marque. I am humble enough to know how *very* lucky I am to drive the car I do and I have huge respect for the wider GTR community. Are we not all joined by a common bond?

No matter, you were probably busy and I was probably being a sap, clearly I must stop getting excited when I see another GTR, of any generation. Enough ranting. Next time just wave ok!

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
There's nothing wrong with 35 owners, but there is a subsection we like to call...

...non-wavers

;)

mook

·
Registered
731 Posts
A lot of Skyline / GTR owners are non-wavers compared to Supra owners for example (I used to own one). It happens all the time, especially R35 owners, glad to see you're not one of them :) I always wave!

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
35 owners hardly wave at anyone, they feel they are too rich to even look left or right, they also feel they are faster than everyone else (well they might be) you can tell by their body language.. although not all of them 0.5% do wave.;)
bit sweeping, might just be that they don't "know" the Skyline range so well

mook

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
bit sweeping, might just be that they don't "know" the Skyline range so well

mook
soz didn't mean to generalise, it's just that I have never come across a 35 owner who kinda waves and chats if u pull next to them at lights. not saying they are all like that but haven't come across one so far. It's true what u said, some of them don't really know much about skylines as I saw one in the city couple weeks ago and the guy was in suit "probably a banker or something" I waved but he looked and kinda ignored me.:(

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd go with the "know" the Skyline range.

I've been approached on many many times for a conversation, have no problem with it now (was unusal at first !) and invite to have a look around etc.

But I rarely see others on the road (apart fro CJay parked up !)

·
Registered
938 Posts
i was driving the R35 today and waved when I saw a 205 GTI. The driver waved back so some of us 35ers do wave sometimes

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There's nothing wrong with 35 owners, but there is a subsection we like to call...

...non-wavers

;)

mook
Im Old School +
I aint waving at a 35 till I see the V-Spec Badge ! :D
Or is that Spec-V ? :confused:
:eek: :D:D:D

cokey

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't want to generalise all GTR owners, but as a mere observation i have noticed that most GTR owners do not acknowledge when they have been spotted by posting a reply on the forum. Why is this? Is it pure coincidence that most of the "spotted" one's owner's are not on the forum?

I have posted on at least 5 occasions when i have seen a GTR, and am still awaiting a response from someone claiming to be the lucky owner!!

Wierd!!

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Remember. 99% of Skyline owners are enthusiats

as the R35 is available new, massivly hyped and publicised and very definetley a car of the moment, a large proportion of 35 owners just own and enjoy an excellent car

as time passes more enthusiasts will pick them up and the waving will begin

like I said before, this is a 55k car compared to sub 15k Skylines

I don't imagine all those M3 driving estate agents few years back ever waved at old skool M3's

mook

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wave to every other skyline regardless of R, Spec or what ever except them GTT boys who are nothing but wannabe pikies . . . . . . only joking I wave at all of em like a demented spaz on a roid rage. :wavey:

Kp

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ive always waved when driving my Pride and Joy I thought that was part & parcel with being a Petrol Head :D:clap:

And if you are a Petrol Head and own an R35 I would be very surprised if they did not no the Heritage of there Pride and Joys :chairshot

CJ :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts