GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this as there is no specific space for my question so i am sorry if it should be somewhere else, anyway...
I have recently brought an R23 Gtr, the car is amazing but i have a slight problem with the handling. The rear end is incredibly twitchy if i go over a small pot hole or stone the rear end will sort of skip sideways and it seems the lower the speed the worse it is. Also, if i turn almost full lock at car park speeds the inside rear wheel skips across the tarmac.
I have my own ideas as to why this is happening but just wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions before i start spending money.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Kim :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
"Also, if i turn almost full lock at car park speeds the inside rear wheel skips across the tarmac. "

Sounds like an aftermarket LSD is fitted.

Check all your bushes anyway - the subframe bushes - 4 big ones on the rear are prone to collapse. Also the bushes that the bottom of the rear dampers attach too tend to wear out and you loose damper action at small wheel movements.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Also - has it been converted to MPH? ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh right, you learn something new every day, thanks. if i take the converter off is there any other way to dissable the limiter and also is there anywhere that i can get a new speedo face so that it reads mph without having to mess with the signal.

Thanks, Kim:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts