GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for older skylines for sale and I havent found anything.

Can anyone tell me where I can find older skylines for sale?
Are they only available from japan?

something like this:

Cheers,
Teitur Yngvi

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
I have someone looking into these now as im getting one. However, alot and i mean alot a real rot boxes just glued together so finding a nice one is proving difficult.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've been interested in this subject for a while..... im pretty sure you will have to import from Japan and there may be 1 in the UK.

I seen and old skyline for about 12k, on here from a link someone put up about a garage in japan, looked a minter too from the pics....... unless you have 100% money to pay you wont get one either i doubt. (no p/x)

Plus as DaveW said, trying to find an original without in going through the cut & shut shop might prove near impossible...... wonder how much you could buy a shell for and build up from scratch, like that blokey did to that R32 who has pics in the "best pics of your car pt 2" thread.......:thumbsup:

daveW - would be interesting to hear you results on how easy you may be able to import one, please keep me informed by PM if thats ok..... would you then offer a p/x from your shop if this was atall possible? Mucho thanks!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have someone looking into these now as im getting one. However, alot and i mean alot a real rot boxes just glued together so finding a nice one is proving difficult.
What exactly are you looking for? I've asked you this before and you don't seem to answer......

There are plenty of good old cars in Japan. Unfortunately, many people seem to be under the mistaken impression that they are going to get something good for not a lot of money. In many cases they are simply looking at the sector of the market where the grot resides, and won't raise their budget to suit the level of the market.

With the exchange rate at the current level, and the prices of really good early cars in Japan on the up, people need to be realistic in their expectations.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
lovely looking cars i think there called pgc10s with an rb26dett in there would be awesome :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the links :)

I checked them out and found two that I like more than the others...

1:
¾ÜºÙ¾ðÊó | RockyAuto - µì¼Ö¡¦Ì¾¼Ö(¥Ï¥³¥¹¥«¡¦¥±¥ó¥á¥ê¡¦¥Õ¥§¥¢¥ì¥Ç¥£¡¼Z¡¦GT-R)¤ÎÀìÌçŹ ¥í¥Ã¥*¡¼¥ª¡¼¥È

2:
¾ÜºÙ¾ðÊó | RockyAuto - µì¼Ö¡¦Ì¾¼Ö(¥Ï¥³¥¹¥«¡¦¥±¥ó¥á¥ê¡¦¥Õ¥§¥¢¥ì¥Ç¥£¡¼Z¡¦GT-R)¤ÎÀìÌçŹ ¥í¥Ã¥*¡¼¥ª¡¼¥È

I cant see japanese font so if somebody can tell me some info about these ones and if the price if you can see it...I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
Teitur Yngvi

·
Registered
854 Posts

Nice 1970 Gtr here Japanese Used Cars Auction Online

£70000 Plus UK tax
That's actually a good example of the merits in doing a little work and tracking these things down yourself.

The car pictured ( on the 'japaneseusedcars.com' site link ) is quite obviously being sold by 'Auto Shop Takeey's' ( TAKEEY�fS TOP ), who are established dealers in this kind of car, based in Shizuoka prefecture ( so both pretty easy to visit, and for transporting to port ) and advertise in many of the Japanese old car magazines.

Here's the car on Takeey's stock list on goo.net: Æü»º¡¡¥¹¥«¥¤¥é¥¤¥ó¡¡£²£°£°£°£Ç£Ô¡Ý£Ò*|*Ãæ¸Å¼Ö¤Ê¤éGoo-net(¥°¡¼¥Í¥Ã¥È)

japaneseusedcars.com are offering the car at an FOB price of 10,290,000 JPY, whilst the original price at Takeey's is 9,800,000 JPY. If you wanted to buy the car, and went direct to Takeey's, I'm betting you could negotiate a pretty good discount yourself - especially if you pointed out the later replacement ( ie blue not red ) air cleaner box and filter housing, and the Ultra MDI rather than the original Mitsubishi electronic ignition box, etc.

There are many companies that you could appoint to export the car for you. So it's worth digging a little deeper, taking a trip to see a few cars in person, and negotiating an 'export' price yourself.

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
just ordered 6 classic skyline mags from japan:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin: cant wait:popcorn:

Anyone who manages to track down any classic skylines for sale then please post them up. Who knows i may start importing a lot of them:chuckle::chuckle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts