GTR Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
BUG4LIFE said:
Ok, at the end of the day I'd take an Enzo over a Z-tune, but for less than £100k I don't reckon anything comes close to this! 997 Turbo? No thanks, there are far to many 911's about. V8 Vantage? So so good to look at, but way slower then the Z-tune. Used F430 or Gallardo? maybe, but I think I love the Z-tune just that little bit more.

The Z-tune would be the first car I'd 'try' to buy if I won the lotto. Then the Murcielago, Brabus SL, Brabus G-wagon, F430 spider.....
You'd spend £80+K on a USED Nissan?:p

I bet Nismo make more money with one of those than Ferrari make selling an Enzo.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I think a good exercise would be to figure out how much exactly it'd cost to replicate the Z-tune engine - pretty much most, if not all, of the parts are available via the Nismo catalog, including items developed for the Z-tune, like the Nismo intake plenum and the Coppermix twinplate clutch. It will sure as hell be a whole lot less than 17,000,000 yen!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
most of the Carbon parts you cant buy, i think.

and the engine isnt the only special thing, its the suspension and the chassis work.

on top of that, a full on respray. blah blah, in the end it adds up. And i dont think you can get the ecu or its programing. ok it can be replicated to an extent. but i doubt it will ever be the exact same.

my 2cents =D

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
DCD said:
Man...how can you bin those Brembo's for an Endless brake kit????? If you know the owner tell him I want hisold brake set up!!!:D
PMSL!!! Can i have second refusal!!!

Got to agree with Gio, and Fraser, although the Z-Tune is totally exclusive, i'd have second thoughts whether to get a VS2 and tune it to my own liking.

Funny thing is Gio, and Fraser have already done this!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last of the R34

I could be wrong but i have a mag article on these cars and they are the last of the skyline R34's to roll off the production line. So they are the last skylines

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hmmmmmm Z-Tune.

Stunning car, but certainly comes with a price tag.

Swapping Brembo's on a Z-Tune for Endless brakes, what a clown. Reminds me of that muppet in the US that bought an Enzo and then had custom Giovani wheels fitted :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
tacker said:
I could be wrong but i have a mag article on these cars and they are the last of the skyline R34's to roll off the production line. So they are the last skylines
Nope, they are perhaps the last to roll off A production line, not THE production line. Z Tunes are previously owned/registered/thrashed cars, that are bought back by Nismo and re-built, turned into a Z Tune.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah NISFAN, if money was no object I'd definetly spend £80k on this used Nissan. It's more that just an R34 GTR, it's THE R34 GTR - any show you would go to, it would blow peoples minds! Forget the dosh, its just an object of desire...much like why I'd spend over £1k on a pair of box-fresh Nike Air Jordan 1's!!!

But I aint got the money for either dam it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Moschops said:
I thought the 34 had the battery up front like the 32? Is a 34 a 33 in a new dress (like a Vectra/Saab)? What are the inner-wing covers for..just to add weight?

A nice car though.
they've re-enforced the chassis with a skin of carbon

·
6,821 Posts
They have thier own forum (Max 20 members).:p

·
6,821 Posts
. . .?!? . .and I have tree usernames on that forum:D ;)

·
6,821 Posts
GTR RGT said:
Is there a z tune is his country?
I remember about a month ago a american bloke was selling a z tune on here!
I think it is very difficult to get in touch with the dudes.

I am after my mates on the Hong Kong Skyline Forum, as some guy has one in HK. But no response from him until now. The only lucky angel here on the forum how test drives Z-Tunes and gets payed for it after, is Dino . . . jalousy:bawling:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts