GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the adress of the Nismo Omori Factory as I am a very big fan, and love to go there and can you tell me if it is the main headquarters. Also does anybody know if Nismo does any sponsorship for students studying engineering?

·
Registered
856 Posts
No, its not in Yokohama ( ??? ) its in the Shinagawa ward of Tokyo.

NISMO OMORI FACTORY ( NISMO HQ )
2-10-6 Minamiohi
Shinagawa-Ku
Tokyo 140-8563

As for scholarships, don't get your hopes up. They get hundreds of such requests every year. A basic requirement would be complete fluency in Japanese ( including reading and writing ) if you wanted to join them direct. Otherwise you would have to join one of their operations outside Japan and hope to get sent to Japan at some point....

·
6,821 Posts
I not want to disencourage you for the scholarship, but I wanted to do a 1 month stage for free in Yokohama Nissan-Marketing HQ. As a luxembourger I was lucky to be one of only 29 lux. residents in Japan, so I met the lux. embassador, who friendly asked the Human ressource manager of Nissan japan for my application . . . after one week I was in email-touch with Tanaka M. who was the person in charge of the Nissan marketing depart. of japan that time . . .
Even as I agreed to empty dustbins and clean toilets, they not accepted me as they allready had enough blokes for theses kind of duties (all engineers):chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, theyre not as easy as Audi or Land Rover. Well I am learning japanese at the moment but I am not near the fluency of an average japanese adult yet. I think ill still go ahead and try as there is no harm in doing that. Well Ill do that next year as I am doing my final year at school and am studying hard to get into a good university.

·
6,821 Posts
The problem in japan is that most (nearly all) big companies, don't need any gaijins at all . . . . even if you speak perfect jap. and lived 20 years in Japan, you will get flamed like a boy who just comes out from the school at a job interview . . . . .:nervous: :lamer:

The guys here on the forum living and working in japan can tell you the stories
. . . . . なまいき 日本しき。。。!!!:sadwavey:

·
6,821 Posts
Wich is in my eyes what makes japan a unique country, the japanese take what they want from the rest of the world, but they allways preserve their old and unique culture and way of life . . . . .

Bad for us gaijins, but if every second one, I could meet and see, would be a foreigner, japan wouldn't be the great country, it is today, anymore.;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Come and work at Nissan Europe first, you never know you may get sent to Japan one day! To say that no Gaijins work in Nissan Japan is just not true - I have in the past and it is not uncommon.

If you want to apply directly to Nissan Japan will need to be fluent in Japanese at a minimum..  がんばります!

·
6,821 Posts
Of course many companies have foreign personel and it's getting easier in Japan too as a Gaijin . . . . reality is mostly that they will take a japanese qualification over a foreign one to do a japanese job . . . when languages and foreign knowledge is needed, of course then it's easy to get a job in japan , even with medium japanese knowledge, like me . . . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.