GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Took the Skyline (oh, and the wife and son :) ) on holiday to Yorkshire and spent some time polishing her up (the Skyline, not the wife :chuckle: ).

My son and I then took her for a blast up Ribblehead, took some pics and thought that I would share them with you .... had to then re-do the front though :mad:, killed quite a few insects that day, obliterated more like with the speed I was doing.

It must have been the lesson is driving that I got from Andy H. on the first Sunday heading down to Elvington .... :thumbsup:

Actually, what with the travelling up and down I ended up putting 1000 miles on the clock over the 2 weeks, just couldn't keep of the Yorkshire roads.

And for those who read an earlier thread, the Yorkshire Police do indeed still have their unmarked blue scooby and also a fully marked out white scooby catching folks on the A59, saw them pull over at least 2 cars one day.

One piece of great engineering in front of another piece of great engineering !

·
Registered
547 Posts
great photos mate and a gorgeous, imho the 33 is the best looking by far.

Dave

edit : i am aware my avatar is a 34.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments folks :thumbsup:

Daz, yep, the last photo came out particulary well, I did touch it up in PaintShop with a very slight graduated grey filter to make the clouds look darker, but apart from that it is exactly as it was taken.

Demon Dave, it took my son and I three days to get the car looking like this, a lot of elbow grease with the aid of a bunch of Meguiars stuff, including a clay block. I was quite impressed at how it all worked, I even managed to get rid of a small white scuff mark on the rear bumber that was on the car when I got it, unfortuneately the car is now filfthy again with the 200 mile drive back home, the front is caked in insects, and the rest is extremely dusty :mad:

Guess what the rest of my Sunday will be like :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for the kind words folks, it's a bit of a hobby is photography. But for this holiday the wife is wondering why nearly all the pics I took had the Skyline in them ;) in fact one of the best of the wife is .... standing next to the Skyline :chuckle:

Nismo, the trip was indeed a blast, the B6255 out of Hawes and down the Ribble Valley is actually more of a bikers rat run, but I surprised a few bikers that day by keeping up with them on the hill out of Hawes, even over took one :D but he got his own back 30 seconds later :( Got quite a few :thumbsup: from them as they past me :smokin:

I think some of Andy Hornsby's driving skills has rubbed off on me :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
wow Ian that beast looks absolutely stunning esp. the last one - I did a coupla standard pshop colour tweaks and got this which seems to boost it a bit more :)

glad yer had a good time out - been running up huge amounts of kliks myself since I fitted little extra bits and new os giken clutch haha!
ant
newcastle
uk

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MADsteve, thanks for the comments, I wasn't sure of the colour at the time of buying her, but I just love it now, some days (especially in the evenings) there is almost a purple sheen to the blue :cool:.

As I stated earlier my son and I spent quite a bit of time (3 days) polishing her up to get her looking like this, not all the swirl marks and scratches have gone, but it is a damn sight better than the day I got her. The wife though we were mad doing this on holiday :D

Hi Anthony, good to hear from you.

You are right about the touch up, I usually spend quite a significant time touching up photos that I have chosen as good 'uns, in this case I just posted them straight after removing the number plate with little else done to them.

Hope the car is going well :thumbsup:

Ian

·
Registered
930 Posts
that is a gorgeous deep shade of blue! Suits the R33 perfectly :) and not a swirl mark or unpolished section in sight :D

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
I slept under that bridge in a bivvy bag, ooh 28 years ago now, when I did an outward bound course in the Dales along with doing the Three Peaks, potholing, etc. Great pics btw.. :)

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Great pics Ian,:)

Glad you enjoyed you day out with us.:clap:

Send the pics to Paul Creed, I'm sure one of them should be up for next years calander.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
MADsteve said:
absolutely cracking pics, and the last one (as others have already said) is definitely the best of a very good bunch.

Deep Marine Blue is the way forward!! :)
Agree 100% Deep Marine Blue is THE R33 colour

Brilliant pics - What are the wheels by the way?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sean said:
Agree 100% Deep Marine Blue is THE R33 colour

Brilliant pics - What are the wheels by the way?
Excellent question :) .... and the answer is I don't quite know ....

They were on the car when I bought it. The only mark or logo on them is the centre plastic bit which is "Intelesse" with a stylised "t" and "l". I tried to do a search on the WEB but it seems that although the name may still exist, the wheels don't anymore. They are 17" and they currently carry new Maragoni ZETA Linea's 255/40. I'm actually quite fond of them now !

In fact there a few stories this car could probably tell .... it has an OEM ECU that I can't find anything about ("Suzuka Esprit Racing Spirit"), but it produces a wonderfull smooth boost response, it at one time carried a handle on the passenger side which enabled a flap to be turned on the cat to quieten it down while passing Jap Police (the flap is permenantly open now :chuckle: ), it has strange small holes on the side of each of the door pockets that once carried something, an Apexi exhaust, after market down pipes but has complete standard engine bits (turbos, induction etc) as far as we can make out .... and so on, and yet she's quite a go'er :smokin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts