GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting to the end of my tether, had my 3.5k down from day one and my October delivery has slipped by 3-4 months for no good reason. I've waited so long for this car and accepted all the little hiccups in quality of service, sticking with it despite the ructions in the world leading me to take a hefty pay cut, blah blah - but this last issue looks to be the last straw for me. Random unexplained lenghty delays are unacceptable, and even more so when the new calendar year will end up costing me the additional VAT. If I treated a client this badly, avoiding their calls etc just coz I dont have good news (black mark for HPC), then I would be out of business. Needless to say it's another example of the entire service failing to meet expectations.

I've contacted Nissan GTR customer service and I'm supposed to get a response by the end of the day Monday.

Anyway, just wondering whether anyone else had cancelled at a relatively late stage and what the ramifications were for refunding the deposit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Buy a cancelled order or a good as new 2nd hand car and be happy?

·
Registered
794 Posts
My advice is don't cut off your nose to spite your face. By that I mean, don't give up on GT-R ownership just because your HPC/Nissan have let you down. Do not punish your HPC by cancelling your order until you've secured a GT-R from elsewhere. Once you have, you'll realise that the Nissan engineers have come through for you, and everything about the wait will be forgotten.

Also, your situation does seem extremely strange. Most peoples' orders have been brought forward and, as Amos says, there are plenty of examples of people deciding to buy a new GT-R and taking ownership within a couple of months.

Keep the faith.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I am thinking along the lines of getting a second hand car if Nissan can't sort out this mess, although I can't help being a little wary of how I'm going to get treated in the future. I know if I get a 911 that service is going to be exemplary, and as I do relatively few miles, I have little time for shoddy service.

When you hear about people getting cars in a couple of months when you've had 3.5k with nissan for over 18 months... its a bit annoying to be told oops your car has been delayed 3 months for no identifiable reason.

·
Super Moderator
15,873 Posts
Which dealership is this? What reason has been given for the delay?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
All the nav cars are late (mine was due 8 September but is arriving this week) but more than that sounds like a ****-up by the HPC and rather than admitting this have got you into a cancelled order.

Time for a serious phone call I think.

D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Order delays

Sadly many of us have been there ! Having seen my delivery date move twice you've got to believe that this is Nissan Europe cocking it up. I originally expected the car in late 2008 but that moved to July 09 and then forward to April thanks to Middlehurst.

Fortunately the car really is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which dealership is this? What reason has been given for the delay?
No reason at all! Just that it's a low volume car and therefore there can be unforseen delays which occur. I can buy this to a degree but not when I'm also told that it only randomly effects certain orders. Even if the delay is out of their control, the least I would expect is for them to offer to pay the additional VAT.

I do wonder whether the HPC has dropped the ball somewhere too, although they have been generally good and insist that it's Nissan's error. Still waiting for Nissan customer service to contact me with any news!

·
Registered
208 Posts
No reason at all! Just that it's a low volume car and therefore there can be unforseen delays which occur. I can buy this to a degree but not when I'm also told that it only randomly effects certain orders. Even if the delay is out of their control, the least I would expect is for them to offer to pay the additional VAT.

I do wonder whether the HPC has dropped the ball somewhere too, although they have been generally good and insist that it's Nissan's error. Still waiting for Nissan customer service to contact me with any news!
Worth trying to get somethink back from them if there are messing you around but if you ordered at the pre-price increase might be a bit drastic to cancel and you will be getting a 2010 Reg Car which come resale time (if within the 1st couple of years) will be worth about £2K more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure what to do - general disillusionment at my treatment to be honest. Nissan Customer Services are a joke, can give no reason why my car is being delayed and only offer empty assurances that they'll try and sort it out. Considering that they couldn't even manage to return my call I have no confidence that they will do anything to rectify the problem. Pathetic.

There is nothing more guaranteed to irritate than a basic failure to just phone back when you have promised - something the HPC were equally guilty of.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Not sure what to do - general disillusionment at my treatment to be honest. Nissan Customer Services are a joke, can give no reason why my car is being delayed and only offer empty assurances that they'll try and sort it out. Considering that they couldn't even manage to return my call I have no confidence that they will do anything to rectify the problem. Pathetic.

There is nothing more guaranteed to irritate than a basic failure to just phone back when you have promised - something the HPC were equally guilty of.
Really feel for you mate.

Have you tried calling round the other HPC's to see if they have any cancellations they could get you into?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't tried calling around, I naively thought that was what the HPC and Nissan should have done but I doubt they have. I think as the sat nav cars are released there is little chance of picking up a cancelled order at this stage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a cancelled Ulimate Silver premium edition Sat Nav car available for immediate delivery at WLMG Mill Hill. Speak to Stuart Griffiths.

·
Registered
690 Posts
All these bloody cars waiting in HPC's while we continue to wait and wait for our own one to turn up. The whole deposit/order/delivery process has been a total c*ck up from day one!

·
Registered
167 Posts
True . .

All these bloody cars waiting in HPC's while we continue to wait and wait for our own one to turn up. The whole deposit/order/delivery process has been a total c*ck up from day one!
True, but these cars are priced @ £59,400 - As they are cancelled orders I guess the dealer will get charged after 30 days for the original price which would have been less than the 56,100 .. and thus cha ching a cool 3k profit ...

I also understand there are thrid party dealers paying over the odds to get these cars and whack on a profit (and looking at autotrader - this apprears to have some truth there)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts