GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct bearing cages are upgraded to bronze versions along with GTX wheels on the compressor side.

Free shipping for UK only.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hi Supertec,

What is the real world difference between these and regular -5s?

Do they spool quicker? More top end?

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Real world difference is unknown yet but on the dyno a guy from Iceland is said to have been impressed with the performance spooling up some 500 rpm earlier and making a bit more power on the top end. Owen developments offer a kit for 1300 plus vat on top of the cost of new turbos and claim anything from 500-1000rpm earlier which I find very optimistic and take the info with a pinch of salt. Not many of these around but hopefully once my car is built I will have some real data for you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
very interesting to hear info about these.. from what i gathered.. these wont spool any quicker than the actual -5s but should offer a bit more top end.

·
Registered
532 Posts
On a RB30 These spool a little bit better than HKS GT2530s but also on low boost already a bit more lively.
Top end and high boost is MUCH better!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is correct they would be a bit more lively than HKS 2530s /-5 going by the data from the guy who has already had them fitted to his car. I will see if the customer who we sold the last set to has managed to get the car up and running and if can provide any dyno graphs. It does have the potential to spool up faster due to the billet wheel and make a bit more top end as the compressor wheel is slightly bigger.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Real world difference is unknown yet but on the dyno a guy from Iceland is said to have been impressed with the performance spooling up some 500 rpm earlier and making a bit more power on the top end. Owen developments offer a kit for 1300 plus vat on top of the cost of new turbos and claim anything from 500-1000rpm earlier which I find very optimistic and take the info with a pinch of salt. Not many of these around but hopefully once my car is built I will have some real data for you.
im not thread crapping but is it worth upgrading to GTX for the cost of almost £700 to get an earlier spool of 500rpm? it's my plan to get -5s but of course GTX is the way forward for me, however for the extra cost? thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It is an option that people can choose we offer this service do not forget it is not only a GTX wheel but also bronze bearing cages that are replaced and fully balanced. If there is a need for better spool up and bit more top end power this is a good option. We offer the -5 range of turbos at a very good price already add to that a GTX setup the total cost would be £2100 delivered for both turbos.

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey bud, just curious if you had any feedback from the kit sold, thinking about doing this mod later this winter!

I also heard its possible to fit 63mm so it feel like a gtx2863 instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts