Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know , just before Christmas I had stage 4.25 with down pipes,
The 102 Litchfield full system,

With the new pops and bangs map

Well can't wait any longer , booked in for next Saturday for the 4.5
I going to say it, that's it then. Lol

Still loving the buzz ever time I drive it,, used it to work today and smiled like a silly boy all the way there and back,,

Goldie

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's official, I want shot gun :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need a run out mate,,, been too long
Your car still wins on the noise level mate,, it sounds epic,

Goldie

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Lol, I seem to remember you saying at a grasshopper meet, it doesn't need to be any quicker :D

Mate as Buzby said, I need a passenger ride in that bad boy once done please :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I seem to remember you saying at a grasshopper meet, it doesn't need to be any quicker :D

Mate as Buzby said, I need a passenger ride in that bad boy once done please :D
Oh Well I was wrong,,,,,lol
Just has a look at the invoice from Iain's, 4.25 was carried out in December,
Can't wait any longer, and it will all be sorted before the Spint at castle Coombe,

Goldie

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cant wait to get mine and have a meet up with you Goldie.I 2nd that i would love a trip in it,put it this way i would love a ride in one full-stop.Havent been in a GTR moving,but made my mined up that im getting one lol

Goldie you took your beast out in this rain and wind,you must be crazy lol

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant wait to get mine and have a meet up with you Goldie.I 2nd that i would love a trip in it,put it this way i would love a ride in one full-stop.Havent been in a GTR moving,but made my mined up that im getting one lol

Goldie you took your beast out in this rain and wind,you must be crazy lol
All my cars are for use.. No garage queens in my stable.
With the rain today I'm glad I bought a set of Michelin tyres last week,
Goldie

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Agreed, the GT-R is no garage queen. It should be used and enjoyed. Apart from that, rain just makes it even more fun :smokin:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
my wife reckons hell must have actually frozen over as even i use mine in the wet these days....am never done washing the bloody thing though:)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
my wife reckons hell must have actually frozen over as even i use mine in the wet these days....am never done washing the bloody thing though:)
Lol, I. Exactly the same with the cleaning mate ;) although I never cleaned her last week so she looks sorry for herself at the mo lol. That will be sorted Sunday when the sun is out :D

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
All my cars are for use.. No garage queens in my stable.
With the rain today I'm glad I bought a set of Michelin tyres last week,
Goldie
+1

I was driving home tonight with the mpss , it was heavy rain, and I was giving it some beans on the A roads and motorway, and the car was superb!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
4.5 does seem to be getting more popular....i was always concerned about the rods so held back. Torque capping much improved these days though making this a more viable long term tune option.

Still fancy the rods and pistons though....one day....when the wife's away :chuckle:

Let us know how much of a difference you find the move....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
4.5 does seem to be getting more popular....i was always concerned about the rods so held back. Torque capping much improved these days though making this a more viable long term tune option.

Still fancy the rods and pistons though....one day....when the wife's away :chuckle:

What's max bhp/torque on stock? How do you mean torque capping much more improved? Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

4.5 seemed the most sensible one to got for, 720 BHPish for anther 5k
5.0 is 760 ish. For another 10k. Can't spend another 5k for a extra 40bhp,

See how I get on with the 4.5. Then it would be forged engine nd 1000 BHP
Now that would be gooooood but not practical, I still want a everyday car when I have the time,
Goldie

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
BHP not such an issue but really don't want to go above 630/640lbft or else there's a risk of bending a rod. Timing can be managed to reduce the torque levels and protect the rods and as the tunes have got more sophisticated the tuners can manage both the bhp and torque levels to acceptable safe limits. If you do some searching on NAGTROC you will see a good few threads where both were pushed to high and resulted in failures. Too much torque is a ticking clock....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
4.5 seemed the most sensible one to got for, 720 BHPish for anther 5k
5.0 is 760 ish. For another 10k. Can't spend another 5k for a extra 40bhp,

See how I get on with the 4.5. Then it would be forged engine nd 1000 BHP
Now that would be gooooood but not practical, I still want a everyday car when I have the time,
Goldie
Definitely sounds like a sensible bhp/£ level. Look forward to the feedback....hopefully you dont like it and i dont start considering it but suspect that's not going to be the case:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts