GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought Guy's R33 Le Mans at the beginning of the month I'm curious as to where I will go, or rather how I'll know where to start, to go beyond 412bhp (500bhp+ would be nice).

I would've emailed Guy for detailed specs. of what he'd kept and what he'd pinched for his R34 - all I know for sure from conversations with him is that the intercooler and boost controller have been transferred, but the "exhaust and downpipes, air filters and dump-valves and the all important steel turbos" remain. I figured I could probably shortcut the discussion (and not bother Guy unnecessarily over Xmas) by asking on here :)

(NB. Guy did mention in his 'For Sale' thread that the car "can run 500bhp at 1.4 bar". Excuse my inexperience but does that imply it would be safe to do so on the current spec (assuming it now has a stock intercooler). How exactly would I/do you go about upping the boost to 1.4 - is a boost controller essential for this?

All comments/suggestions gratefully received :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi there,

You will need the following parts :-

Boost controler
intercooler
cams
larger injectors
larger fuel pump
new ecu chip or programable ecu

This lot would put it back to its spec when it made 500 bhp !!

Get saving :)

Take care

Richard

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only messin' ya about Guy :D - hope you had a great Christmas!

In all honesty I'm more than happy with the current spec of the car, I just wanted to get and idea of what I need to replace/upgrade when I decide upon upgrading it - which wont be for a while yet.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Durzel

Hi,
All Skylines have massive potential for big BHP but I`m affraid it all depends on "how deep are your pockets"Stick with what you have and enjoy yourself,both Alan & me drove your car a week before you purchased it from Guy,we were very impressed as the car had been returned to a "Very"usable & exciting spec.
If ever you fancy a standard R33 rear spoiler I will happily swap with that fancy old carbon thing you have at the moment;) :D
I hope to see you & the R33 next year & Happy New Year!

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Henry
With the spec of your car now :D I don,t think you need the spoiler as you will probably need wings :p
Looking fwd to next year
Happy New Year and best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts

Henry.

Sort your bleedin avatar out will ya. It keeps hurting me eyes and looks like a GTR 'Smart Car' :D .

glen

·
Registered
997 Posts
How`s this Glen ?;)
Thanks Alan.:cool:

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

I suppose since I am still using pants old AOL its impossible to get one of my zillion pics I have stored to become my Avatar?

...Ian

P.S aren't we all said popping on here on a Sunday!!:D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ian,

I`ve got Alan & AOL,a seriously wicked combination!;)

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Henry - ta but I think I'll hold onto it ;)

By the way, for all you R34 owners - here is an mpeg of ol' Clarkson (presumably from Top Gear) detailing exactly what makes the Skyline so great :D Man I so want that in-dash computer, do you guys get that as standard?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Now it's got a bleedin Toyota on it

And then there were two!!!:D:D

Wish 'Joss' would give us some more Avatar space,could be fun on these
snowy northbound nights. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts